3 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$14
Booking.comUS$65
eDreamsUS$65
PricelineUS$65
All reviews agatha christie historical hotel sea view old style classic hotel the ground floor excellent location breakfast buffet wonderful hotel mediterranean sea nice view business trip enjoyed my stay special thanks elevator nesma corniche
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2021

Cecil is one of the Historic hotels in Egypt. the staff was decent. the suite was well decorated. I had my breakfast in room and the service was perfect. the location was amazing. everything was perfect.

Date of stay: February 2021
Islam Sabry, General Manager at Steigenberger Cecil Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Steigenberger Cecil hotel for your recent visit to Alexandria. It was our pleasure having the chance to host you.

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guests’ is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed your stay is a reward in itself.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

Amazing location and cleanliness with the best staff and value for money.. sea view is unbeatable, I had a full sea view room and and side view room and both rooms rooms are super.. it was my first time there but won’t be the last for sure ..

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2021

My title summarizes the thoughts on the place. Very positive experience overall. Atmospheric hotel with old time charm, extremely delicious breakfast, good staff and a guest relations manager Nesma who will help you with anything and everything you can need. This coupled with the central location makes it a great choice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 1 February 2021

Cecil Hotel is one of the most nostalgic properties in Egypt where you go back about 100 years ago. Everything is perfect and well organized. Clean rooms and public areas, Excellent hospitality service and professional personnel.

Date of stay: January 2021
Islam Sabry, General Manager at Steigenberger Cecil Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Reviewed 30 January 2021

My husband, son and I came up to Alexandria from Cairo to celebrate my birthday. We had hoped to stay in the Cecil based on recommendations from friends and reviews on TripAdvisor. We were lucky to get rooms; this is a popular place.

The hotel is around 5 minutes from the station and, after a much-delayed train journey, we were very glad to arrive.

Swift check-in by friendly reception staff and up to two adjacent, twin rooms. Immaculate, recently renovated and tastefully furnished with neat bathrooms. Bathrobes and slippers in the wardrobe, water and a well-stocked tea and coffee tray. Excellent and new ac which acted as a heater too. We were very comfortable throughout our stay. The hotel is well located on the Corniche in a busy area but we found the rooms well sound proofed, not only from the outside but from the other rooms too, and we slept well.

Breakfast was a very civilised affair, an excellent choice from cooked through to cereals, fruits, croissants and amazing petit fours, mousses, brownies…. All served by an attentive staff – a big thank you to Mahmoud for all his care.

Care also shown in the shape of a delicious chocolate birthday cake which was gratefully received. Being new to the city and not from the country, touches like that are always very much appreciated.

We had a drink one evening in Monty’s bar which topped our day at El Alamein. The same evening we had a good room service meal, served on a table, as the restaurant is currently under renovation. As we had been walking all day it was pleasant not to have to go out.

The hotel is spotless, all is very clean and very well maintained. Staff are very attentive and welcoming. We would hope to return and explore Alexandria during the summer.

Date of stay: January 2021