1,665 results
All reviews port el outdoor pool evening entertainment couscous crepes quad biking medina cleaners arabic marhaba dancing nightclub
Reviewed 16 May 2018

The staff at Tej Marhaba Hotel are exceptionally welcoming and helpful. The reception and bar areas have a splendid Islamic design, and the rooms are much larger and more comfortable than I expected to find in Sousse.
Breakfast choices are limited: but it is Tunisia. However there is a wide selection of dishes in the restaurant for the buffet dinner and the quality of this food is good.
The outdoor swimming pool and fountains in the hotel gardens are empty: throughout the day builders work on these with a pneumatic drill and make other loud clanging sounds. This is painful to hear in the hotel rooms, but unbearable when lying in the garden. The noise of construction even drowns out the Animation Team’s intermittent disco.
The hotel has an indoor swimming pool which is quieter and also has water in it.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms worst affected by construction noise.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The Hotel was OK in general,, but don't expect much, the service is bad at their restaurant especially the waiters,and the inside pool was closed, there's nothing to do by staying in the hotel.. U can only sleep there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Tej Marhaba 7 years ago and really enjoyed. This time I stayed for 4 nights during travels around Tunisia. The biggest surprise came at check in when the lady said that she remembered me from my last visit!
I was allocated a room on 5th floor with seaview, very well appointed with everything I needed. King size bed, new TV with English speaking channels, fridge and large wardrobe. Bathroom very well maintained and clean, shower powerful and heated up immediately. The bed was very, very comfortable and I always got excellent sleep.
Restaurant was very clean and tidy, food to a good standard. Waiters friendly and helpful.
Lobby bar excellent, I always feel very special sitting by the bar which is a popular meeting place for hotel guests and locals alike.
WiFi works well in the lobby area and at times I had medium signal in my room.
Grounds looked well taken care of and there were sunbeds available around the large pool.
I thoroughly enjoyed my second stay at Tej Marhaba, I am now planning to visit again in October again and look forward to meeting everyone again. I sincerely hope that you all have a great summer season in Sousse and it gets busier. See you soon.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Steinthor
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel with the view to using the indoor pool. We have been advised as we cannot swim after 4.30pm. No explanation given just "it's from upstairs"
We found out it is because it's hired by a private gym next to the hotel so they are getting money from hotel guests AND the gym. Tried to speak to the manager (tall guy with no hair) and he was extremely rude to my husband. Will be taking this up with Alpha Rooms asap.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

*Free WiFi in the lobby only, if you're lucky enough you might have a random open WiFi connection in some of the rooms on the 6th floor.
*All the even number rooms have a beautiful sea view, odd number rooms have the street view.
*Cleaners come in once everyday and change bedsheets, clean toilets, hoover etc.
*Very modern lift system
*You are given a blank white card which automatically unlocks your room with a tap on the handle, however, the room number is not written on the card so be careful not to mix it up.
*All of the rooms that have a sea view have balconies I'm not sure about the street view rooms.
*There are 7 floors in total.
*My package was breakfast + dinner, breakfast is served from 6 to 9/10am and dinner is served from 7 to 9pm.
*Breakfast: variety of croissants, tea/coffee, fresh orange juice for 3 dinars (£1), different salads, salami and sausage, oily potatoes, freshly made omelette with some vegetables, freshly made crêpes with chocolate, hard boiled eggs and other dishes.
*Dinner: plain pasta where you can add separate sauce, different fresh pizzas, salami and sausages, potato chips, meat curry, rice, couscous, roast chicken, different salads and other dishes.
*Dessert: different types of tiramisu and pastries.
*There is a heated indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool.
*Across the outdoor pool they have a linked shopping area, small and quiet.
*The lobby is beautiful, there are around three pool tables and some hockey/football tables where you pay 2 X 1dinar coins to play a match.
*There is a bar in the middle of the lobby

Any questions please ask me

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SKOfficial
Tej M, Responsable réception at Tej Marhaba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

So glad you enjoyed your holiday with us and thank you for taking the time to write your very refreshing and informative review. We are constantly upgrading and improving our standards to meet the requirements of our esteemed guests and therefore we do appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future