“Fantastic food and lovely staff”

Amigo's Luang Prabang
Ranked #32 of 226 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Description: we are a newly opened Mexican restaurant in the heart of Luang Prabang. We are a family friendly; equipped with children's play area, opened daily for brunch and dinner. we locally source all produce to give our customers a fresh and unique Mexican cuisine full of flavor. friendly English speaking staff will not only look after you but give travelers a locals insight into this beautiful town.
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Really enjoyed my meal there and the staff are so nice! Alicia and her husband where great to talk to and all the waiters where very attentive. Will be back for sure!

A M, Owner at Amigo's Luang Prabang, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hey, thankyou so much for taking the time to write to us and leave a lovely review.
It to has been great talking with you about all your adventures and we really do hope you return for more burritos and sangria's!

enjoy your time in Laos and thankyou again.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Go to Laos and get Mexican food, weird statement, but seriously awesome food, good vibes and nice people

Hey, ha i love your heading!
Yes to some it seems strange but to myself and my husband it was just something that had to be done.
Locally sourced ingredients (yes in Laos) and freshly made we wanted to give Mexican in Laos a go. So far we have had great responses and even if the tastes are a little different we love that people are generally impressed with our dishes we serve.

We are so glad that you did enjoy our place and we hope if not to see you again, that you enjoy the rest of your time in Laos.

Take care

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I’m one of those rarely takes time to write a review people so you know that this is good. Immediately upon arrival Alicia rushed off to get me a towel as I’d got caught in the rain on the way over. She also offered insect repellent to all the customers which was very thoughtful. Onto the food - I really enjoyed everything I had. Tacos, and a healthy serving of guacamole. The sangria was delicious and definitely a rare find in SEA. Had I not been walking home I might’ve taken Alicia up on her offer of a bottle! The service was very attentive and I really enjoyed chatting to her about her and her family, especially as a fellow Australian. Her daughters and her dog were also super adorable. All around 5 stars from me ticks all the boxes and I hope that you continue to get a very steady stream of business in!

Hi!!!
I remember that storm well and of course i was going to help you and get you dry so you could be comfortable in our restaurant. You were soaked :)

Thankyou however for writing this not only for me to read but for fellow travelers to read as well.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us and if your ever back in LP, come back in for that Jug of Sangria!

Enjoy the rest of your time in Laos mate and thankyou again.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Good food and attentive service. Enjoyed a pleasant evening with delicious Mexican food. Don’t know if this was authentic but highly welcomed after a couple of days with authentic lao food .
Good range of food, great drinks. A bit outside the main area of the tourist area in Luang Prabang, but still easy to go by feet.
Recommended place to be

Hi.
Thankyou so much for this review, its great to get positive feedback from our guests.

we are so glad to came out of the tourist area to find us and i really hope the rest of your time in Laos is enjoyable.

Thankyou again

Reviewed 31 October 2017

It is always difficult to make authentic food of any sort outside of its original country, especially if the ingredients arent always available, still the fact that you can get flavors close to tasting like home is amazing. Their enchiladas were delicious. I could taste every flavor and nothing overwhelmed any other flavor. I really enjoyed this meal and the ambient is wonderful. I really enjoyed my experience at Amigos restaurant.