“Great food, reasonably priced !”
Review of Cafe Toui

Cafe Toui
Ranked #5 of 224 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cafe Toui serves magically simple Lao food, prepared to order by Chef Toui. Because of the super abundance of vegetables from surrounding farms and in our local markets, we can offer many interesting vegetarian choices as well as traditional dishes with fish, pork and duck, etc. All with Toui's amazing flavors. We bend a bit from Lao tradition for special desserts. We serve cocktails, beers and some wine.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Never planned to visit Cafe Toui. But I'm glad I did ! I had the duck with lychee green curry , which was simply delicious ! It was packed with flavors ! The sweetness of the lychee and the spicy from the green curry worked so well together. The duck was tender and juicy, having none of the toughness you would often find in duck meat. I could not stop dipping balls of sticky rice into the gravy! My only "complaint" is the lack of a set dinner menu for solo travellers which would have given me an opportunity to try more dishes.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I was skeptical of the superlative reviews, but my doubts were completely wrong--Cafe Toui was fabulous. I had the barbeque spring rolls and the pumpkin-sausage curry. Loved them both! Very creative dishes and super fresh and flavorful ingredients. I like picante, so I asked for some chili to spice it up a bit. Ambience and service were excellent and Chef Toui came out to greet the clients. All this and easy on the wallet!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We are at cafe toui our first night in LP. There were too many great items to choose from, and so we ended up doing the tasting menu. Every dish was great, but the duck and laab really stood out. It was the 100th laab I ate traveling in SE Asia, but my favorite of the whole trip.
Toui himself is also a very cool and nice man. He is happy to chat with you about the food and recipes, and can even help with other logistics while in town. It’s also a great value and a lot of food for US $15/person.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

A bit pricier than most offerings in Luang Prabang but well worth it, definitely make a reservation though.

We both really enjoyed the food here, the laap, salads & currys were excellent. Cant really comment on authenticity but everything was really tasty, including the cocktails

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Crispy Pork with Greens in garlic and oyster sauce. Also ordered steamed rice. Great flavours. Staff efficient and although prices are now midrange same quality with a new look Lao Fusion menu.