“Quaint and decent food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Went here with my wife because I'd heard great reviews about it, but now I believe there are 2 different delilahs? Anyway, the waitress that greeted us was friendly, as was the waitress that brought out our drinks.
I ordered the laos laap chicken and my wife ordered vegetable paad Thai, which they made for her even though it wasn't on the menu. We were the only people in there so didn't have to wait long for the food. My wife's paad Thai was delicious! And there was lots of it. I was a bit disappointed with my laap though. It was nice but not as nice as I'd had it from 2 other restaurants, the chicken was more like quorn and there wasn't a great deal of it.
The atmosphere was nice, my wife used the good wifi to FaceTime family and we listened to a drum ritual from the wat across the road whilst we chilled.
The 2 female waitresses were nice but they disappeared soon after our orders and the male waiter never came to collect our dishes or offer us more drinks, I had to go to him (same with getting the bill) because I couldn't get his attention. I'm not that bothered but it's a pretty basic part of the job. He was friendly though got what we needed as soon as I'd asked.
All in all it was ok and I'd probably eat there again, but try something other than laap.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

there are 2 deliliah's. the old and the new. the old owners have moved to the new deliliah. food here is just of average quality. the place is simple with a couple of old wooden tables. service is average and the staff not too attentive.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Sat down at a table and had to go and ask for a menu after waiting 10 minutes. Ordered our food, garlic bread came but was warm and not hot. Our main meals both came out shortly after, we had both opted for lasagne and it was tiny! Probably could have eaten 3 or 4 dishes to make it a normal sized meal, it was very tasty though.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Very nice and good food! They made a pancake with bacon, cheese and honey for us, specially for us Because it wasn't on the menu. It was so nice. Nice garden.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

There are two restaurants called Delilah's in Luang Prabang - this review is for the one on Chao Fa Ngum road.

I came for dinner with my girlfriend as we were staying at a guesthouse nearby. The food was average - I ordered laap, but even though this was the first time I had ever eaten it, it could tell it was toned down for the western palate. It was also advertised as coming with sticky rice, but it turned up with plain rice instead. Not the end of the world, but after hearing positive things about Delilah's and how great the food is, I'm pretty sure this one is riding on the coat tails of the other. Unfortunately I was not in LP long enough to find out.