Satri House(Luang Prabang)
US$180
US$198
US$175
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$110
US$88
US$159
US$131
US$87
US$69
  • Breakfast included
The Belle Rive Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$86
US$80
Agoda.com
US$119
US$77
Priceline
Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
US$53
US$46
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

US$104
US$78
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Great location hostel was clean enough.Atmosphere was one of the best I've come across staff are great especially Philip. If your a true back packer stay here to meet others. Good value too!! And free breakfast which is always a good idea!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Marcusmaxis
Reviewed 9 May 2013

It's really a backpackers place. You can meet and talk to co-backpackers at the long table at the guesthouse's lobby/dining area.

Free breakfast and free tea, coffee and banana anytime :)

I had trouble booking a tuktuk to Kuang Xi Falls. The guy at the reception forgot or misunderstood me and so I had to wait for another 5 hours to get in to a tuktuk to Kuang Xi Falls thus spending the whole morning waiting for tuktuk. But the trip was quite refreshing :) and I still like the guy because he was so apologetic and he's a really nice guy.

the lady receptionist loves Gangnam Style song a lot. she played it over and over again. lol

The place is 10 minutes walk to Wat Phousi and some other temples.

All in all, I recommend the place for its staff and location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank whelorraine
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed in the dorms. The beds are sturdy, bug-free and spaced apart so you are not crammed next to anyone. The rooms are dry, air-conditioned and most importantly CLEAN! The hostel is far enough from the action that it is not noisy at night but close enough to walk to everything. The breakfast was a tomato and onion omelette cooked on the spot. This makes it a great value already however the staff put this place as the top spot I have ever stayed.

The staff are the most exceptional staff I have had the pleasure of meeting. I got very sick while travelling alone and the receptionist put me in her own room to look after me. I didn't get any better so she took me to the clinic, then the hospital, when no one was there they took me to a nurse friend who spoke English. I got better then I got much worse so they took me to the hospital again (might have been a different hospital) and a staff member stayed with me all night and morning. They paid all my fees upfront (tuk-tuk, drugs, etc...) but informed me of the cost before they did. When I got better I wanted to offer a tip or take them out for dinner or something to say thank-you and they refused.

You will not find a place with nicer people, I cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jouelle b
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I slept for two nights, or tried to. The dorms had many beds, around 16 I think. I slept poorly, although because of fellow travellers, not the hotel. The first night other backpackers came back at 3 am shouting completely drunk (and one so sick he made loud noises for a long while after that). Not the fault of the hotel, but a bad experience anyhow. The second night there was a scooter from somebody at the hotel whose alarm kept on ringing.
Staff friendly during my stay, except that when I checked out the guy at the reception did not believe I had paid him the first night as soon as I checked in, as I was planning at first to leave very early the day after. So we had to discuss for a while, until he finally accepted with an unpleasant "yeah whatever".
Dorm for 5$, good price for Luang Prabang, but 20$ for a single room is definitely too much. I found much better for half that price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Pros:
- Really friendly staff. The lady at the front desk was one of the most helpful people in Laos.
- Rooms were clean.
- Free breakfast, but its only butter, jam and baguettes.

Cons:
- Location is not very center. About a 10-15 minute walk from anything.
- Has a backpacker feel. We stayed in a room (ensuite), but the place was dominated by young backpackers.
- Rooms are clean but lack any character.
- Wifi is only avaliable in the lobby and not in the rooms. Can sometimes pick up wifi from neighboring cafe, but need the code.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple