“Another Indian restaurent”

Maharaja
Ranked #290 of 610 Restaurants in Jeddah
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 September 2017

This restaurant located in Falsteen street , though the interiors of the hotels too basic but the taste is good and good Indian flavours.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

The black dal appetizer cooked with cream is tasty
The butter chicken was a bit dry and over cooked
The shrimps masala was very tasty
The biyriany rice could be better
The nan was good
The service was fast and very attentive staff
The place is old and very modest with low privacy
The prices are quite high for the setting but in general it was a pleasant experience
I would go back for the shrimp masala
They can cook the food to be less spicy if you wish
The food was quite fatty compared to other Indian restaurants i've been to

1  Thank TastefulTasteBu... m
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Ekdam dhasu bole to fantastic Indian Muslim food . Some time Thursday with my friends I visited and enjoy the testy Indian Moghlai food .......... I recommend to all of food lovers visit at least one's.

2  Thank Asif W
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I went to this place after it was recomended by an Indian colleague who says this place has what Shezan and others lack: The indian taste and diversity in cooking

He was right. We ordered Chicken Garlic Cury and Matton Rogan Josh , with Beryani rice (which was massive, enough for 3) and Okra cooked with herbs and spice. The chicken was ok, but the mutton was a pure delight for the taste buds! It was so good that we used the nan bread to dip the leftover sauce.

We also ordered garlic nan bread, and some Raita yoghurt to cool off the spice. In addition to 2 soft drinks.

The chutney could improve though, they only offered 2 kinds and they served it with the food, rather than the authentic way of presenting it before your meal with poppadoms crispy bread.

The décor is very capturing, it feels like an Indian palace rather than a fast food place. And the nice soft Indian music in the background compliments that as well.

We ended paying SR 120 per person (we were two) including tips, which is not bad compared to Shezan and Bharat for the amount of food we ordered, which we couldnt even finish!

Will definitely come again! Next time I hope they have more chutney selection, and mango lassi as well .

2  Thank NileGuy77
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I live in Jeddah , and I have tried most of the Indian restaurants in the area, Mahraja is the best Indian food I have ever tried in Jeddah if not in Saudi. The place is not fancy or classy. it's literally normal or less than Normal. The hospitality very nice. The price is very fair comparing to the other Indian food around the area.

4  Thank Nowaiser