“Exquisite hotel - pure excellence and class”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #64 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Kent
“Exquisite hotel - pure excellence and class”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I regularly visit Dubai for business and have stayed in a number of hotels in various parts of the city. This hotel is by far the best that I ever stayed, not only in Dubai but in the whole Middle East region.

The staff were always welcoming and I took great amusement in watching the reactions of other guests as they were greeted in both French and English (the hotel chain is actually French) as they displayed various levels of confusion and often looked around as if to check whether they had accidently arrived in the wrong country. I found all staff to be professional and they reacted immediately to any request for assistance whether that be in my room key not working to activate the lift (I think it was actually me doing it wrong, not the card itself) or in returning my laundry within six hours even when I had not requested the "express" service. I have heard great things about the hotel's Irish bar but unfortunately did not manage to frequent it on this trip - I will be sure to next time though.

The food is beautifully made and attention to detail is second to none. Breakfast is a delight and all guests are welcome to eat outside therefore making the most of the warm morning sunshine and the view of Jumeirah's public beach. There are many eatery options to choose from within the hotel and a huge variety of restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the hotel - all of which are open well into the night so if you fancy dinner at 1am then just walk outside and join the hundreds of others doing the same! Due to travelling alone, I did not always have a dinner companion so ordered from room service a few times and was not in any way disappointed [as you often can be] with the results. All the food was delivered quickly, presented beautifully and was truly an example to many other [large chain] hotels as to how room service can, and should be done.

My room was a luxury room with a seaview. Absolutely stunning to wake up to that each morning. It can be a little noisy due to the constant traffic outside, especially on the weekends but I did nto find this a problem and to be honest, with a bed as comfortable as those in the Sofitel, a little noise is worth the trouble. I have never slept so well in a hotel as I did in this one - I honestly didn't want to leave! The bathrooms [as others have mentioned] are beautifully crafted and designed in such a way that you can watch TV whilst in the bath and there are even additional speakers available to listen to music whilst in there or even in the shower. Again, this is one of the few hotels that I can genuinely say that I was happy to stay in my room to relax as an alternative to "escaping the confines of the hotel" which is a common feeling for the frequent business traveller such as myself.

The hotel can be a little pricer than some of the others in the Jumeirah Beach Residences [JBR] area but it is worth splashing out a little more for the standard that Sofitel continually provide to their guests. I actually booked via the Emirates website [as this is who I flew to the region with] and managed to get a great discount which no other "deals site" came even close to so all-in-all, a perfectly luxurious stay at a beautiful example of Middle Eastern and French hospitality combined. My only complaint is the size of the pool and it's surrounding area. I would have liked to lie on a sun lounger when an unexpected morning off arose but by 9.30am they were all taken. There is always the beach and the hotel provides a beach chair and towel etc (again - something else to show the level of detail that this hotel considers important) but it would be nice if there could be more space for guests in that way.

Aside from my minor complaint about the pool area/lack of space, this is a wonderful location and hotel to stay in whilst in Dubai for whatever reason. I will most definitely be staying there again on my next trip - I just wish that all the hotels I stay in so frequently around the world were this good!

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less noise from the cars outside but to be honest, the glazing and heavy cu...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cornish_Girlie
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I appreciate it very much as such feedback helps in our continuous efforts toward improving our service standards. We have actually received an award from TripAdvisor for being one of the Top 25 hotels in Middle East region.
I am happy to know that you liked the attention to detail that we have and our efficient service methods not forgetting the room, the comfort of the bed, the amenities in the room and bathroom, the location, and the beach kit that we provide to the guests wishing to go to the beach. I am, however, sorry to hear that your experience at the Pool was not satisfactory. We would be looking at improving our pool area in the next planned maintenance.

I want to thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to write to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae.

Sami Nasser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,112)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bahrain
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I recently enjoyed a stay of 4 nights with the family in Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of the walk with direct access to the sandy beach.
The view from the room is outstanding overlooking the beach and the hotel staff are extremely friendly and professional. We loved the personalized touch in the aminities offered as they thought of my 8 years old daughter offering her some kid's specialities. We really enjoyed our short break and will be looking forward going back...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fares Y
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and for taking the time to review it on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you had a good time with your daughter on your stay. Luxury is all about personalisation and we understand that very well. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We recently enjoyed a short break at the Sofitel, Jumeirah Beach, The hotel, staff and services are of the highest standard, and I would have happily taken the bed home!!
Food was top quality, and the restaurant staff could not have been more helpful.
Small downside is that at weekend, pool loungers are insufficient to cater for demand.
Space is a problem, so difficult to see how this could be remedied. If they could do so, the hotel would be near perfect.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeriah Beach on your recent trip to Dubai. I am delighted to learn that your stay was exceptional. Thank you for taking the time to review your time here with us. We would be attending to the pool size in the next planned maintenance. If you need any assistance in future, please do not hesitate to write to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae.

I look forward to having you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in February. Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a classy property and based on my [3 night] stay could not be faulted. Its elegant & beautifully presented. While my room might be considered a bit on the small size [I had a side facing, ocean view, standard size room] that’s where any criticism finishes. The décor is exceptional & quality finishes are evident, everywhere. The bathroom is to ‘kill for’. The bed is probably the most comfortable I have EVER experienced in any hotel. Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi is an added bonus for many. The quality/presentation of the breakfast buffet at this hotel is absolutely world class, again probably one of the best I have ever experienced. Don’t miss it!

Every staff member I came into contact with at this hotel was friendly, professional and very helpful, no exceptions. That aspect in itself makes a big difference. The staff attitude during check-in & check-out was exceptional and don’t worry about where you are from, most languages are adequately coped with. While I am an A-Club member, it appears that every guest receives the same quality service level. The prices in the hotel restaurants are not cheap, but this hotel in within one of the most popular restaurant precincts in Dubai.

The location is perfect, perfect, perfect, provided you don’t want to be close to Dubai city centre. If you want to be close to the very centre of Dubai [or airport], this is probably not the right location for you. But if you haven’t visited Dubai before, you really do not need to be close to the centre. It’s mainly large commercial buildings. Jumeirah Beach is a 30-45 min taxi ride from central Dubai, but once there you won’t regret it. The area is really vibrant & trendy, right on the water, with lots of [inexpensive] cafes & restaurants at your doorstep. A Starbucks within a 3-4 minute walk. Dining out in the evening can happen quite late and many of these restaurants are still busy at 1am. As there is essentially no tax in Dubai, the restaurant prices are cheap, at least by ‘western standards’. If you want to visit the central area of Dubai [which I did on most days] I used the Dubai metro, the world’s longest driverless train system. Its sensational and cheap. A metro station within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. You can also use your metro ticket on all public buses, which also adequately service Jumeirah Beach. Even the bus shelters are air conditioned.

This hotel is very highly recommended. I am due to visit Dubai again later in the year – and this is where I will sta

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I am elated to read your review highlighting most of the aspects of the hotel, which you also liked. I thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, which I hope fellow travellers will find useful. I will share this review with the Management as such feedback helps in Ambassador motivation and recognition.
If you need any assistance for your next visit, do not hesitate to write to me on customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae.

Look forward to welcoming you back,

Brisbane
Reviewed 4 March 2012

A wonderful hotel! Absolutely amazing service! We stayed in luxury sea room with club access and was wonderful. 24/hr butler, staff were amazing, free moet champagne and canapés every Arvo. Could not do anything wrong- the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in my life, goose feather doona etc. Highly recommend! view of the palms and burj al Arab.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for club access!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Candace84
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach on your recent visit to Dubai. I am happy to know that you booked a Club Room with access to Club Millesime and other extra benefits. I also want to thank you for taking the time to write this review and sharing with us your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.