“Horrible service”

GAL Restaurant Dubai
Ranked #978 of 12,579 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$54 - US$109
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Contemporary Mediterranean-Turkish cuisine served to the dazzling backdrop of Burj Khalifa. GÅL Dubai brings together the very best of gastronomy, art and lifestyle, with flamboyant service, live entertainment and much more to be relished in the heart of Downtown Dubai.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Horrible service. I booked a table for 4 people , however there were little emergency and my friends couldn’t come so I came by myself cuz booked the place 2 weeks ahead. No one really cared to take an order or to come to me at all . Until I started to call waiters . Same for cleaning dishes that were at the table like 30min till I managed to call someone . I wanted to order really nice dinner , but I really couldn’t do so. Since a glass of Prosecco was arriving like 30min as well. And waiters were not coming to get the order ,
So I just got tired waiting and lost all desire for getting more food . I got really disappointed, and just wanted to leave as soon as possible . Asked 2 glasses of Prosecco for which was charged 174AED. Not worth at all .
The food I received so far was good quality , question to the restaurant if you have guests that want to eat and want to order , but u can’t provide service to do so .

1  Thank karinaalesha
Write a reviewReviews (136)

Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

One of the top Fine dining restaurants in Dubai with an unbeatable view of Dubai Mall lake/Fountain/Burj Khalifa.
The outdoor views were so nice. They also have several instagrammable Installations to take your selfies. One is shaped like half moon , on which you can seat and take moony shots of yourself with a background of the lake and the Burj.
Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine is available here.
Staffs are punctual and fast and they know English well. Mr. Anwar looked after us and we were given a huge fruit salad bowl on the house too.
The kitchen is open and fantastic to look at.
Excellent interiors with top of the line cutleries and service.
Make sure that you leave within your time limit or else they will poke you.
After getting the seat with a delicious cheese and olive accompaniment.
We had Escargot at 82 dhs- my first time of the famed item as an appetizer- was not bad and a Turkish beef open roll type item which is 176 dhs. It's prepared at the table side with six small flat breads and some stuffings of beef boneless cubes.
Next up was Veal milanese at 328 dhs- it was a humongous flat breaded boneless thin chicken meat preparation which couldn't be finished by me and my friend.
My choice was the classic Duck Confit at 164 dhs - absolute value for money for taste and quantity. Came with a small quantity of par boiled rice. Meat was fatty and super smooth, falling of the bones.
The dessert we chose was a platter at 90 dhs but it was given as a complimentary we found- Many many thanks to the management.
Also a bottle of branded water at 46 dhs was good.
We gulped all these down with a delectable dry French rose wine at 180 dhs for two glasses. Awesome.
We were thoroughly impressed.
Highly recommended to take a table at the outside - on the higher small select area. Very premium and truly worth the view.

1  Thank criscrossin
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

I had an amazing experience with my friends tonight at dinner time. Sofia took really good care of all of us. I hope all the staff is trained like her because she makes a difference. The food was great as usual, Burrata, Sea Bass, Apple Crumble as dessert. Fast, efficient and of course with the best view of Dubai Downtown to the Burj Khalifa is 100% worth it ✨

Reviewed 25 March 2021

So I came to restaurant TWICE to have Solo dinners after work. I had the Duck Confit first night and and tonight the Veg soup both washed down with sweet white wine. I loved the Slow smooth jazz background, subtle cream interiors and night overlooking the Burj Khalifa. My waiter, Arbin, was friendly and attentive to my table. Excellent plan for business meeting or romance someone in the evening.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 18 March 2021

I’m in love with the restaurant and service such a god service just on another level !!!would come back again

Date of visit: March 2021