“Not a good value”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Food quality and taste was good. Service was slow, we had to look for a servereverytime we needed something.

Review collected in partnership with The Entertainer

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I love Iranian food but not at those prices.
Eggplant and yogurt dip was 50 dirham (like 13-15$) and the cheapest Kebab plate was like 40$; this is Kebab for God sake, should be cheap. But you are paying for the setting and the location at Jumeirah Village. The food is OK, nothing to write home about. The kebab is fatty and heavy and the taste is so-so.
Service is poor and rude; those guys are arrogant.
Location is nice by a canal and the ambiance is decent.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I was visiting Madinat Jumeirah and it was a sunny day. We decided with my fiancé to eat out. We found Anar on our way. I asked a place to seat but unfortunately for us it was full. Then I saw one couple leaving it was perfect but he told me that I have to write my name on the waiting list because there is someone before me. I did. He told me I am the next one. Perfect .. but I just gave my back for 1 min to call my fiancé and he gave the place to a couple who came 5 min after us. I did not understand I talked to him he told me we were the next and then he changed his mind ... He kept saying that it is a misunderstanding if we want a place we have to wait again even if we came first too late ... He began to yell at me by saying that it is done now what he can do. So he lied to us about the waiting list the guy before us refused because it was too sunny at that seat and wanted inside. I never see someone disrespectful and talking like this with clients. He was rude and he found no excuse about his lack of professionalism, he just chose the client he wanted to have. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT AT ALL. We tried a lot at Souk Madinat Jumeirah and Much better than this. It is important to care about the service and respecting people unfortunately for them they have to learn again ..

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We recently had a lovely lunch in this restaurant. The staff were really friendly and helpful. A complimentary starter was offered which consisted of salad, cheese and walnuts - nice touch! We opted for a selection of small dishes - the salad fasle was very fresh and tasty, the zeyton parvarde (olives/walnuts/pomegranate seeds/molasses) was to die for, the anar khyar (yoghurt and cucumber dip) was tasty but huge, the salad anar khyar was colourful, fresh and very tasty. Really lovely flavours and we really enjoyed our visit and look forward to our next visit. A bottle of water rounded up a really lovely lunch (the water was a little expensive but given the location that is to be expected).

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Great food and perfect place to eat. Beside the taste, the looks of the plate is very nice and intresting.