Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
US$231
US$487
US$380
  • Pool
The H Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$178
Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$337
Hotels.com
US$540
US$406
  • Pool
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$172
  • Pool
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$173
All reviewshorizon clubdunes cafeburj khalifaultra loungebalcony barchi spavietnamese restaurantpersonal trainerhealth clubreception teamspecial thankson sheikh zayed roadwonderful stayan upgradepool areaexcellent hoteldeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I got a mega deal for a two bedroomed apartment on the 20somethingth floor of this luxury hotel (so good the person checking me in rang for authority to charge me so little) and so I tasted the kind of luxury I would not normally be willing to pay the proper price for. I was only in Dubai for one night, flying in overnight from London and on out to Singapore the next night, and the comfort and service of ShangriLa were useful as was the fact that everything worked (wifi, kitchen hob, hot water in shower blah blah) and the pool space is gorgeous too with views over to the recent show off skyscraper in this Emirate. Frankly I couldn't fault the hotel on anything except possibly that getting from it to DIFC which is just 'across the road' is really difficult. The recommended way is by cab which takes a daft amount of time, driving to a next junction, turning, on to another for a U turn etc etc but I get the impression that is pretty par for the course. A great contact we met to talk about work stuff commented that he had NEVER gone to the airport on the fast comfortable good value train service so didn't know how easy it was nor how long it took - I tried it and the answers are quick cheap but at rush hour HOPELESSLY crowded!

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Rufus B
Nicolas C, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Rufus B,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed a positive experience and we thank you for your helpful feedback.

It is our privilege to be of service to you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel to be fantastic. The room was great, extremely big so you are not falling over each other. We had room service which was great as well. We thought the location was good for those wanting to go to the Dubai Mall or the Burj Khalifa which is what we did. The staff really make this place memorable though. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was also fantastic which I have written a separate review on. If we came back to Dubai we wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Aja81,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you have a wonderful experience whilst staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

A great hotel with such high standards which can be felt throughout the facilities as well as the interaction with the staff!
My experience in the hotel was higher than my expectations, and Shangri La hotel is on the top of my list for hotels.

The staff has been very accommodating for the few inconveniences I have faced, specially Mr. Kazi, who has gone out of his way to make my stay as comfortable as it can get in the hotel. My sincere thanks and gratitude goes to Mr. Kazi and the staff of this wonderful hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Abeer A
Nicolas C, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Abeer A,

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La Hotel during your recent trip to Dubai and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear your positive feedback about hotel service and facilities and most especially our colleagues, special mention Kazi. It is heartwarming to know that we have met all your expectations during your stay and we cannot thank you enough for your very kind words.

Thank you once again for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai and it was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

shangrila has the best location i must say.....ambience excellent, service excellent specially my mr hanif and mr yasser.....they make you feel so comfortable that you feel at home always....im sure its the people like mr hanif and mr yasser that makes shangrila truly great....awaiting my next stay

Room Tip: choose any room its worth the money
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ketan O

Dear Ketan O,

Thank you for your positive feedback related to your recent stay.

Your comments about our services, facilities and colleague efficiency are very much appreciated. I will convey your commendation to the entire team, especially Hanif and Yasser.

It is indeed a pleasure to take care of you and I look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I have eaten here twice before, the Chef is Chinese as are most of the staff in the restaurant. The food is great and to a high standard, if you want a quiet up market meal or a cosy meal with friends. I would recommed this, i have just visited with a Chinese national who said "The food is very impressive" The only down side is it lacks the decor of a Chinese restaurant.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms anywher near the restruants or conference area, the hotel can be very busy. It is a proper 5 star hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony M

Dear Tony M,

Thank you for your positive feedback during your previous stay.

Your kind comments regarding our Shang Palace outlet are appreciated as we continue to strive to improve our services and offerings.

With kind regards,