“A nice hotel but rooms run down and old fashioned”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #88 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for a week for business. I was lucky to get my room but my colleague who arrived at 4:30am (after booking a room with late check in with prepayment) was told the hotel was full and had to sleep in the foyer for the few hours he had till we started our meetings!
Bit of a taxi ride to the malls although there was an infrequent shuttle.

I managed to get a room away from the refurbishment noise and they really need to improve the outdated rooms.

Since we were there out of season alot of things were shut but I was working most of the time so didn't have spare time to get about.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rahh
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. Your comment regarding the rooms are dated have been noted and I am pleased to inform you that we are in a process of rooms refurbishment, our newly furnished rooms will be styled with the family in mind, encompassing luxurious, modern, comfortable, beach inspired designs.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Write a ReviewReviews (5,469)

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel for 5 nights whilst working in Dubai. Whilst I had a fairly heavy work load, the stay there made it into a real pleasure. My wife accompanied me and she did manage to have a holiday.
The Jumeirah Beach is part of a bigger complex which has 4 hotels, a water park, numerous excellent restaurants and even a souk.
Staying half board as we did, given that I would be at work most of the day, was a great choice. We were able to choice 3 locations for breakfast, and 10 locations for dinner. The Dinner restaurants varied from "Lebanese" (the term used for 'local' cuisine in general) to (Wild) Western, Italian, Chinese and virtually all points. There was even an "English" night in one restaurant with Fish & Chips, Road Beef and all that stuff.
The Wild Wadi, there internal water park, was something I longed to be able to try, but work prevailed. Not only is it free to residents of the hotels (approximately £45 per adult per day for non-residents) but it included 7 water flumes, a wave machine and even a fish pool where little fish eat the dead skin off you legs.
The staff were always kind, welcoming and only too willing to help. I even saw a case where, late a night, a German gent, with limited English, was getting upset about his treatment, much to the embarrassment of his sons who were present and who obviously understood English better than he did as this was actually due to his misunderstanding of what was being offered. The staff remained calm and courteous and called a German speaker who was able to explain the situation to the Gentleman's satisfaction. Also on one night a group of 12 Chinese guests spoke on Mandarin. So the hotel found Mandarin speakers amongst their number and allocated them as translators.
As either a holiday destination or as a good refuge when on work, I can totally recommend it.

Room Tip: Either go for the Executive rooms which are about £80 a day more expensive but include so many added...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Graemergordon

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Your gracious comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated and I have shared your feedback with the team and they are very happy to learn that they have exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

One of the best hotels I've been to anywhere.
Staff cannot do enough for you, great pools, gread leisure club, great meals, couldn't find fault with anything.
Expensive, but hey.........you knew it would be when you booked it.

Room Tip: Any room is a good one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Snev67

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Beautiful hotel, well located, very clean despite the old fashionned rooms (by the way, the refurbishment of the rooms started). Very nice employees who are eager to provide the best service to the client. Beautiful pool, beach etc. Everything is (almost) perfect except the negative (cheap) image given by some guests...

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Oks75
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for mentioning so many positive elements about the resort and your gracious comment about the colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your feedback with the team and they are very happy to learn that they made your stay enjoyable.

Charles Clark
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Our family have spent several holidays at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and every time we agree
" this was the best holiday ever". We always stay at Club Executive rooms and take advantage of the excellent service and the access to Club Executive Pool and pre dinner canapees and coctails,- " value for money". We look forward to our next stay in October 2012.
Family Oslo- Norway

Room Tip: Club Executive Rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Hilde J W

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I have shared your feedback with the team and they are equally happy to hear that they made your stay memorable one.

Charles Clark