“Typical dubai opulent plastic hotel”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #88 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Sort of theme park hotel with lots of brass and fake gold...
All sorts of spa fascilities and restaurants... I guess a lot of people will like it, but to me it felt fake and plastic. Staff is very friendly...to an almost creepy level (i can wash my own hands!) . The houseboy asked me a few times too much if i needed any more of his 'personal' services... I can only assume it comes with underpaid third world staff?
Female colleagues were asked to wear a headscarf when the sjeik paid an impromptu visit...
Not my sort of place! But as far as hotels go... Not a bad one

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SimonDesmet
Write a ReviewReviews (5,475)

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I Visited on a Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai with my firend , Let me tell you, that was a peregrine experience of my life and the view of Burj Al Arab in facing the Hotel near the sea was breath taking. Just visit the Hotel to see yourself. Allah Kher.

Room Tip: Take room facing the sea & Burj Al Arab
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alluring_Divine
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

This place was like Butlins, not only was it dated with an interior that felt like butlins, I felt like I was back in the UK it had so many Brits, nothing against them.

The staff were insane in this hotel, and everything took ages. The concierge never arranged anything I asked him to either, I spent 30 minutes with one trying to get a straight answer on where I should eat, and she continued to tell me the best places were all booked out.

I wouldn't stay here again although the kids facilities looked pretty good, I would go to the Al Qasr or Dar al Masyaf.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank iloveluxuryholidays
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. We consistently strive to maintain our service on the highest level, please rest assured I have noted your comment about the concierge service and will continue to work to improve our services and product.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Visited JBH for 2 time this Easter. The hotel and the area's still great, but I thought that the feeling of luxury was significantly much lower this time than last time I visited the JBH in 2007.
The pool area was so high sales activity among the staff that I felt sometimes that I was at the Bazaar, this should be totally unnecessary for this type of hotel. People pay a lot of money to live on such a good place as JBH. Then it is unnecessary to send sales personnel around to increase sales. We who staying at these hotel enjoy (and pay) the feeling of luxury and the feeling is not it runs sales staff around the legs at you. I felt sometimes that I was on a cheap 2 star hotel in spain.

So if I visit JBH a next time when I visit Dubai, I am not sure since I want to get the item I actually pay for including the feeling of luxury and escape from everyday life.

Traveled with family.

Regards
ASP, Norway

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ASPBB

Dear Guest,

I was concerned to read that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I would like to personally apologies to you if we did not meet your expectations. Your comment regarding the service at the pool area has been noted and shared with the team and will continue to improve our services in all aspect.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

3rd visit in 6 years. Went with family during a busy family holiday period, so not for business people or couples at these times. Yes its expensive, but you knew that when you booked. Quality costs and this hotel delivers value for money. impeccable standards from pick up from the airport to drop off a week later. Room service came to the requested minute every day, excellent food, complimentary wine, gifts of chocolates, a brilliant pool attendant. Refurbished and excellent gym (and nothing wrong with it before).

Nice room, although smaller bathroom than previous year, furnishings/decor are towards the end of its life but a full refurb is I believe under way anyway.

Overall really hard to find fault, I guess allowing rather too many people to reserve their sun loungers at the crack of dawn only to role up at mid-day is a pain and a certain selection of guests did their best to abuse the complimentary drinks in the premium club whilst kids ran wild but we just kept clear after the one and only visit.

I dare say there will be a 4th visit next year.

Room Tip: Some standard rooms central and lower have balconies. Some (all?) suites higher up have much bigger...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RLAT

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent third stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. We consistently strive to maintain our service on the highest level, please rest assured I have noted your comment about the premium club and will continue to work to improve our services and product.