I stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel during October half term with my wife and our 8 year old son. Without counting I guess this was probably our seventh or eighth stay.
All the positive comments elsewhere still apply i.e. great service, fabululous amenities etc. However, perhaps a comment for the management might be that when loyal customers arrive and point out that they have been to the hotel on many occasions before it doesn't really give the right impression when management responds with the rather tart reply that 30-40% of guests at any one time are repeat guests'. great! let's see if that remains to case.
The things that we didn't like this time (and this is the first time these things have really been discernible in our opinion)
1 - Ridiculous (and now quite offensive) pricing in the top end restaurants; dinner for 2 adults and one 8yr old in the fish restaurant was £250 excluding drinks. While the standard of the food is good, the chefs are not named and starred michelin chefs and dinner at Gordon Ramsey's flagship restaurant in London cost us less!! over £100 for a lobster is both vulgar and bonkers.
2 - The hotel is becoming a victim of its own success. The two main pool areas are now so packed during main holiday periods that the dreaded sun-lounger scramble begins before breakfast around 8.30am and the pool areas are akin to sardines in tins. They have also started playing pop musak around the pool which further adds to the general melee.
Football shirts even for dinner are now a regular sight!
Perhaps some of these comments reflect the general increase in populariity of dubai but my advice to friends would be to try The Royal Mirage if you want a smarter more up market experience, which is a bit sad as this is how we used to feel about JBH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel is located directly at the Arabian shores. All rooms and suites feature seaviews, the latest technology and complimentary Wi-Fi. Guests receive unlimited complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark and Sinbad's Kids Club. Talise Fitness with its tennis courts, watersports, gym, climbing wall and Spa offers an exceptional leisure experience for all the family. 21 restaurants, bars and lounges are renowned for genuine, true hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Jumeirah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai
- Beach Dubai Hotel Jumeirah