“Excellent but can be noisy”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #88 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this as a surprise retirement holiday for my wife. On arrival there was a problem with the room,but we where quickly up graded to a club room. Thereafter we never looked back. The staff, food and service were excellent, the beach enormous and the beach staff would not let you lift a finger. We found the main pool noisy with loud music but as club guests we were able to use a private pool if we wished. However most of our stay was spent on the beach. Our 10days passed too quickly as I found my sun tan not up to par. But next time I will work on it a little more. This is a very nice hotel an we will be back. Many thanks to all the staff who made our holiday memorable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper floor 10 plus to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bernard_mcauliffe
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am thrilled to read that you had such a great experience with us and that we were able to make up for the slight hiccup experienced at the beginning.

Furthermore, your comments regarding the service my team provided to you and your wife is certainly a highlight to read as this is the type of feedback we strive for. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon (with better sun tan lotion)!

Sven Wiedenhaupt

Write a ReviewReviews (5,470)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay in JBH this October had many ups and downs. Our pick up was amazing as always however as soon as we entered the hotel doors, things seemed to go off track. We were greeted by Ali G and then transferred to the front desk manager Nazeer. The staff at the reception refused to answer simple questions during the check in process...despite mentioning the special occasion and what loyal guest we were we were allocated a room near the construction on the lower floors and always after a bit of confrontation we were given a higher floor on the opposite side. Having previously stayed only the Madinat Hotels, Al Quasr and Mina Salam and Dar Al Maseyaf, I have to say that while it might be satisfactory for newcomers it certainly isn't up to the Jumeirah standard. My family and I did not feel welcome or being taken care off. The poor service was even in the small details, at one point haven woken up early in the morning, we had to all the way to the Al Naseem beach as there no buggys and we were refused in calling one with claims from the staff that they will only start functioning at 8! Also if you are not British or British looking be prepared that security will block your way to the elevator as though this is a rugby match, not even letting you press the elevator button until your identity is confirmed and proven by the system! This incident happened when when we arrived from the mall on hotel's shuttle bus. We were in a group of about 10 people, us being different in appearance from the group, was obviously was what we assume as a trigger for the security, he jumped only in front us and began his interrogation. This was always a pattern for us on our way to the beach as well. It was a blessing that we could use the facilities of Madinat, so we all of our time at the Al Naseem beach! Saif and his team at the beach have truly brightened our days! He was helpful and so attentive especially to our little boy, truly demonstrating what the Jumeirah standard truly is. Despite not being able to hear the construction, I can safely say that we hope we will never have to come back to Jumeirah Beach Hotel again.

5  Thank Ttt K
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am deeply saddened to read your review and know that we were not up to your expectations on this occasion. This is not at all the level of service we strive to provide here at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

I have noted your comments regarding the check in experience, the buggy issue as well as the encounters with security. I will work together with my team to ensure we investigate and improve in these areas. We take improvement very seriously and so, although not ideal, we do appreciate constructive feedback such as yours.

I'd love to discuss your feedback directly with you so please feel free reach out to me at sven.wiedenhaupt@jumeirah.com

I do hope you will allow us to restore your faith in our hotel and welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Good side first: the hotel is well located, has a nice beach, great view over Burj A., nice service level from the kind staff, good breakfast.

Negative part: One of the the larger pools (the family pool) is closed for refurbishment and the fine print about this substantial construction that is going on is hidden in subtext in small writing, there was a Russian rock concert going on for three days and during the day they also disturbed the visitors with repetitions, next year when the family pool is ready the other pool will be refurbished so make sure to read the fine print, the hotel rooms are ok but 20 year old and the other 5 star hotels in this price category offers a higher quality for the money you pay for these rooms (go for Westin instead that is great),
Wild Wadi is ancient compared to the other waterparks and only 1/3 in size versus Atlantis. All in all for the money you pay there are many other hotels that gives you a better experience and offer and not the least you will not live in a construction site.
If you go here make sure to avoid the Russian rock concert that is held every year in the beginning of November.

Room Tip: Make sure that construction that is going on won't disturb you.
4  Thank Johan B

Although I am happy to read that you found our location, views and beach to be a highlight, I am disappointed that there were certain aspects that fell short of your expectations.

We are currently undergoing a renovation of our product which we are very excited for as it will result in an enhanced experienced for all our guests and a much deserved facelift. We have informed all of our guests personally in advance via email prior to arrival to ensure there is no surprises.

I have noted your comments regarding the concert and will work with my team to ensure we can learn from your feedback. Please do accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance this caused you.

I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon so you can enjoy the enhancements for yourself.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Was really worried about our holiday at JBH considering all the negative reviews about the construction work, however, during our week long vacation it did not bother us whatsoever.
We arrived around 9am and our room was ready and upgraded to one with a balcony. A complimentary bottle of wine and fruit bowl awaited us. Lovely touch. Our room was not a refurbished room, but it was large, clean with a large comfortable bed, plus sofa bed, quality coffee and tea facilities and the bathroom was perfect with the separate shower. The turn down service at night is extra special, so many hotels nowadays have removed this service, its a really night touch.
We were on the regular half board package (not premium leisure) and it was fabulous, the flavours package really opens your eyes to the culinary ability of the food and beverage staff at Jumeirah. We ate not just at JBH but also the Madinat, we fell in love with Khaymat Al Bahar restaurant and Friday Brunch at Mina A Salam. The buffet restaurant at JBH was excellent, a varied array of food every night that left you wanting for nothing.
We had access to 2 pools plus wild wadi, the main leisure pool was excellent for families and the pool bar with happy hour was an extra wee treat for us adults. Plenty of quality sun loungers around the pool with attendants on hand whenever needed. Loved the chilled water and ice lollies handed out, small things such as this really mean a lot to me. Having access to wild wadi was a real bonus, we would wander in every day for an hour or so. The price is now 310AED so having this included was quite a saving.
The beach was also fabulous, again plenty of quality loungers and the view was tremendous. I had a full body massage in one of the beach cabanas at 5pm, was the most relaxing time, especially as at the end the sun was just beginning to set.
Another nice touch is being transported around in the electric beach carts between the jumeirah hotels.
I could go on and on about how perfect our stay was, my 8 year old daughter was crying before we left, she really did not want to come home. The staff at JBH are to be commended, they are one of the reasons this hotel is extra special, they are diligent, interested and genuinely try to make you feel special.
We are going back next year - our days of staying on JBR at the Hilton resort are gone.
Thanks JBH for a thoroughly fantastic and extra special holiday. See you next year.

4  Thank carol c

It is truly such a pleasure to read your review and know that you had such a great experience with us! I'm particularly happy that we accomplished our task of ensuring our ongoing renovation causes as little disturbance as possible to our guests.

I have noted your positive comments especially pertaining to the room, turndown, beach/pool and restaurant experiences. I know the team will be happy to read them so will certainly share it.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again next year!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We woke up with a the whole side of the room in glass from floor to ceiling, with the most breathtaking view ever of the clear blue sea, The Burj Hotel, .and the whitish soft sand. and marina. The bed, was the most comfy I have every slept in, in my life, and the service from every ,member of staff was impeccable.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank Nadenza

Wow. I am extremely happy to read such a great review!

Thank you for taking the time to share it. I will certainly pass this onto my team as this kind of feedback is what we strive for.

See you again soon at The Beach.