When I used to live in Dubai I regularly enjoyed the restaurants (Teatro and Flavours on Two) and the bar (Longs) so decided to stay when back in Dubai for a night. Past experience of the hotel led me to expect that the accommodation would be just as good as the F&B outlets but I was disappointed.
Check-in was quick and efficient but as soon as I got out of the lift onto the 8th floor the corridor stank of smoke, despite the presence of no-smoking signs. Fortunately the room did not smell as bad but it was very small and the bathroom even smaller. The room faced Sheikh Zayed Road which was very noisy. If I'd been staying for more than 1 night I would have asked to change rooms.
Internet is a complete rip-off at AED 95 for 24 hours. When will UAE hotels realise that they need to include free wi-fi in their room rates as hotels in most other parts of the world do. The connection was extremely slow and frankly a complete con.
The location of the Towers Rotana is great for getting around Dubai. There are always plenty of taxis outside and its a 2 minute walk to the Financial Centre metro station. This is not somewhere you'd stay if you want to spend time at the beach/lounging in the sun though. Its more of a business hotel or somewhere for a short stopover.
There is a gym and pool which are fine but strangely you have to cross the hotel car park to reach them. The pool is on the roof of the multi-storey car park. There is a bridge from the hotel to the pool but for some reason this has been closed.
Personally I far prefer the Jumeira Rotana 2 or 3kms away or the Rose Rotana just across the road from the Towers Rotana. I stayed at both in Nov and Dec 2011, rated them much higher than the Towers Rotana and their rates are similar or lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Dubai's prominent Sheikh Zayed Road, Towers Rotana boasts some stunning views of the Arabian Sea as well as easy access to all major destinations in the thriving metropolis of Dubai. Towers Rotana is situated adjacent to the Financial Centre Metro Station, a mere 4 kms away from Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world), 8 kms from the golden sands of the Jumeirah Beach front and 10 kms from Dubai International Airport. Towers Rotana offers 372 rooms, suites and apartments decorated with comfort and elegance in mind. Towers Rotana is home to the Award-winning fusion fine dining restaurant Teatro, the longest bar in the Middle East Long's Bar, Award-winning all day dining restaurant Flavours on Two and lobby café, Wraps. Contemporary business facilities and 8 meeting rooms offer all the amenities needed to satisfy your requirements. The hotel's recreation facilities includes Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club, located on the top floor of the annex building, features an outdoor swimming pool with a sun terrace, a Jacuzzi, a fully-equipped fitness centre, steam and sauna rooms, and views of the coastal residential area, Jumeriah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Towers Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Rotana - Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Hotel Rotana Dubai
- Towers Rotana Hotel Dubai