“Pricey but worth it; except no free wifi!”

The Galleria Residence
Ranked #89 of 306 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Galleria Residence, Hyatt Regency for 4 nights with 3 friends in Feb 2017. We had booked the double bed room apartment. The apartment is spacious, serene, clean, well furnished & well maintained. We stayed on te 8th floor; The view keeps getting better upwards. The hall is spacious; the bedrooms cozy; the bathrooms well cleaned; the kitchenette well equipped.
The best part about the apartment was that we never knew when the house keeping staff cleaned our apartment; we used to roam outside throughout the day & retire only for the night. Though we couldn't meet even one house keeping staff during our entire stay, our rooms were cleaned inch by inch whenever we returned to sleep.
The only hitch we faced was that Hyatt doesn't offer free wifi in rooms; one can use only the Hyatt mall's (adjoining building) complimentary wifi at the hotel's lobby or the mall/ice rink.
The shopping mall adjoining the hotel building has an ice rink (though small compared to the other ice rinks in Dubai), a super market where you can purchase raw material for cooking at your apartment's kitchenette & other shops for gifts, perfumes & shades.
Don't miss the swimming pool on the 30th floor of the hotel.
Overall the stay was very luxurious & we were more than satisfied, except the fact that we did not get free wifi & the paid wifi was so costly. We, being from a different country couldn't use whatsapp or Skype to call our home for a day or two, until we purchased local SIM cards; local SIM cards are costly, unless one purchases the DU tourist SIM.
We will surely recommend the hotel to others & may visit again. Thank you Galleria!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Niruthiya Priya... A

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I very rarely put a bad review for any hotel. But this one is the worst experience.

Firstly, The Galleria Residence is not a Hyatt brand hotel. Unfortunately I found out too late. I have been a Hyatt club member for years and though this is a part of the conglomerate. Their advertising is misleading.

Booked a non refundable trip for 4 days in the Galleria. Got there and when I realised that it was not a Hyatt hotel I decided to check the room first.
The room that was given to me had a bad smell, damp carpets, dirty windows and very old furniture.The person who accompanied me into the room agreed that the foul smell was pretty bad. I could not take the room and wanted to know if they had any other room available. After keeping me waiting for 10 minutes he came back and said that was the only room available. I asked him if it was OK to cancel and he said yes of course, and I did. After a 14 hour flight and being really tired, it was the last thing i wanted to do but had no choice.
About a month later I realised that the hotel had not given my refund of about $700. I contacted them and left 4 messages no answer.
Knowing I would be coming back to Dubai in late Jan, I decided to pay them a visit, which I did 3 days ago. I spoke to the same person who had told me it was ok to cancel, and he did remember the whole storey. He was polite and respectful. He asked me to wait and he would get the manager to come and see me.
About 2 hours later, the reservation manager, Leila, appeared. No apology for keeping me waiting in the hallway for 2 hours, started saying that there was no refund because of the condition of the booking. She knew the whole storey as it was told to her by the front desk. I did get quite frustrated as it felt like I was talking to a wall. No remorse, no apology, just saying " sir your reservation was not refundable."
If you are looking at booking this hotel, DON'T. They pretend to be part of Hyatt but in no way or shape they resemble the group at all.
Absolute shonks.

Room Tip: See your room before you check in.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Passportinpocket
Reviewed 8 February 2017

I was staying at Hyatt Regency 01-03 Feb with my family,Hotel good and quality but little far city center. Breakfast was good and people like hotel .This hotel nearly have ice ring and if you have child this is very good alternatives for you.Ice ring not expensive.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

New Years 2017 with family of 5. Booked the large 2 bedroom apartment. Whole place had a strong odour of dampness, the rooms, corridors, everywhere, the smell was overwhelming giving my kids headaches. The carpets are very old and stained. Although comfortable, you can get much better apartment hotels in this price range. If you can handle strong odours, it's fine, else avoid it

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Good location
Good view from room
2 bed room flat has only one bathroom
Shower was loose
Service is really slow
And free wifi is only at reception and public room
Totally furnished with dining table, sofa set and electronics

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business