Do to last minute bookings we ended up with an overnight layover in Dubai so just needed a place to sleep - no beach, no frills, just a bed. Stupid me thought I would "save money" by booking this hotel for something like $70. Taxi both ways to airport cost another $30.
- Room EXTREMELY small and DARK
- Stains on EVERYTHING made of fabric: towels to curtains
- Bathroom ancient
- creepy elevator
- located on tiny side street off a highway with NOTHING around it except mobile phone spare parts shops: I am NOT exaggerating... Hyatt across highway. We looked at it longingly.
- Location makes it VERY difficult to get a taxi. They are already full speeding down the highway.
- I am also not exaggerating when I say b'fast was inedible. Had some Russian steamed dough thingy with watery scrambled egg in chaffing dishes, all the while blaring VERY raunchy Russian music videos on a TV. It was like Cafeteria From Hell. Ended up having to eat at airport.
It was just foul, foul, foul, foul, foul. Don't even want to think about it. Only reason to stay here is for a business person looking to but mobile phone spare parts. Strange thing is the front desk was actually REALLY friendly and helpful. Go Figure!!! Seemed like they were trying to personally compensate for this horrible hotel!!
We've stayed a budget hotels before under similar conditions (wait for connection). A clean room and edible b'fast is not too much to ask for. Should have booked Holiday Inn at the airport. Cost the same.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your San Marco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel San Marco
- San Marco Hotel Dubai