US$295
US$270
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$369/night.

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$92
Hilton
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$74
US$68
US$48
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$164
Trip.com
US$46
Copthorne Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$70
US$54
Trip.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
US$357
US$295
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$431/night.

Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$62
Priceline
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2009

It was my first trip to Dubai.
Al Sham is one of those inconsequential, average location, average staff, average service but above average priced.
Need I say more.

This is the kind of hotel that makes it money by providing UAE visas.
Just the kind of arm twisting that goes on in that part of the world.
But apart from the above the stay did not pose any problems as such.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank dyer_made
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 6 April 2009

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Okay so I thought I'd post something to add to the terrible reviews. We booked this hotel because it was cheap, very very cheapfor Dubai like $60 a night double. We were travelling for a year so cost was the factor when selecting a hotel. This was the cheapest hotel we could find booking ahead. Of course the cheapest hotel in Dubai is not going to be the best.

We were able to walk to Dubai Creek and the Gold Souq from here. There are lots of schwarma stands to eat at around here if you are watching your budget it is an affordable area. Excursion companies had no problem finding us.

There were plastic lawn furniture on the enclosed balcony I was fine with the bathroom some fixtures were worn but there was no fiflth. The breakfast was horrible only the pita was edible and the meat was strange. I would say it was equivalant to a 1 star hotel in Europe except that you get your own bathroom, air con and stuff like that the furnishings are worn and dated but I did not find the place dirty. Staff was responsive and friendly.

I heard safety mentioned Dubai is very safe and bills itself as a crime free tourist spot. I did not feel unsafe in this hotel or this area as a western woman. Most of the people in Dubai that you will come in contact with are from Pakistan and India . Perhaps having spent months in these countries prior to visiting Dubai I am a bit more acustomed to the culture. You will get stared at regardless of how conservatively you dress this is just how it is. In India I would be physically assalted and grabbed, this did not happen nor have I ever heard of this happening in Dubai.

We had come to Dubai after several months in India where we stayed in Budget hotels with no amenities. Having air con, cable, hot water and a place to shower that wasn't a hose over the toilet was a treat for us. If you are having a special holiday in Dubai this is not the place for you but if you just need a cheap place to stay for a few days and aren't accustomed to luxury then it's fine. In a sense you get what you pay for. The reason it was 1/5 the price of the beach hotel is because it is not as nice, you often get what you pay for!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank meandros
Reviewed 7 November 2008

... there is just one that is really bad. And this is the one.
Dirty, dump, really very poor conditions. Bathrooms are a horror. The people working at the hotel are really nice but still, it cannot compensate the conditions in any way. The same with restaurant - seems like a poor canteen with very poor food served for breakfast.
For this price you will get much better conditions in a different hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank oryginal
Reviewed 21 October 2008

The Al Sham is a poor excuse for a hotel. I have no idea where they gain the 2 star rating that they currently have. My husband and I were unfortunate enough to be recommended this hotel through our travel agent. We were meant to stay for 4 nights, however after 2 sleepless nights due to the security or lack of at the hotel and the state of the room with a bathroom that provided a trickle of water for a "shower" .. we couldnt stand it any longer and checked out prior to our scheduled departure date and found a safer, cleaner hotel to stay in.
This "hotel" is located in what appeared to be a non - western friendly part of town and as a Western women I felt extremely unsafe from my arrival at the Al Sham until our departure. Whatever you do... DONT go to this "hotel"!!! When you cant even be sure that you are safe, its not worth staying there.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple