“Bad experience...I hate that place”
Review of Gulf Pearl

Gulf Pearl
Gulf Pearl
Ranked #520 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 3 July 2009

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller

Reviewed 2 July 2009

It was not clean, and because the noise of music was terrible from 22pm to 3-4am.
water valve of bath room didn't work, I told them but they didn't fix it.
Also, they told me hotel has internet, but there was only one computer that was connected to internet and for each minute for using internet you have to pay 1 Dirham. Do not trust to staffs. They wanted to take a taxi for me for a distance that I did know that the price won't be more than 30dirhams, but they told me they will take the taxi for me and price would be 80 Dirhams.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank lilised
Reviewed 28 April 2009

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 31 January 2009

Hi All, I and my family (wife and 2 teenage daughters) were in this hotel from the 12th to 16th January 2009, we had booked 2 rooms,

12th Jan 2009- We got to the hotel around 3pm very tiered after our flight was delayed for 4 hrs. We got our rooms on the 2nd floor next to each other they were clean until we went into the bathrooms, they were filthy both of them. The cleaning staff were in the hall way I called them in to clean them and they did the best they could but the bath tubs had cracks in them with solid dirt in them, while they were doing that the kids were in the balcony’s and when they came back in the rooms they doors wouldn’t lock again, I called the maintenance staff up to have a look at it, all he said was I am sorry I cant fix it, but don’t worry the girls will be fine in room. NO WAY was I going to let my girls sleep in a room that had the doors unlocked. I then went down to the reception to get the rooms changed, they said no problem at all by now it’s around 6pm we have not even had time to eat yet. We got moved to other rooms to be honest they were not much better the only good thing was they both had 2 queen size beds in each room, but we just wanted rest and have something to eat. We were told the staff will being our luggage to the new rooms in around 10 mins but we waited for 1hr called the reception they said they will send someone up, another half again no one came I just went and got the 4 suitcases and 3 bags myself. The girls ended up sleeping in our room. What a waste of night that was.

13th Jan 2009- The breakfast was quit good we left the hotel around 11am, I left the notice on the door saying “service the room” we got back at around 6pm to get changed to go out for a meal and surprise surprise the room was just as we left it, again I called the cleaning staff and they said they will be up shortly. We left and came back in at 11pm, the girls went to there room 20 mins later they came screaming back to our room. Saying there were COCKROCHES in the bathroom I went to have look and there were 4 under the sink and back of the toilet, Furious I went to the reception and talked to the night manager, he said we will move you to other rooms AGAIN …… so we were now moved to the 3rd floor, the rooms were a little larger, the girls were so frightened they again slept in out room.

14th Jan 2009- Again the breakfast had a nice selection, they rooms were cleaned while we were out over all the day was actually good.

15th Jan 2009- Had breakfast and went out enjoying our last day in Dubai until we got back to the hotel at night around 9pm we had a flight at 8am back home. We went to check the girls room for cockroaches and there they were in the bathroom again by this time the girls were terrified even to sleep in out room, my wife calmed them down and went to our room, I went down to inform the manger again, to be honest I lost my temp with him he cam up and had a look for himself apologised and said he will call our booking agents Asia travel for a full refund for 1 room to be arranged I got a letter confirming that. I was shocked when I went back to my own room there were COCKROCHES there too, to be honest even the manager was shocked he offered us another room change but we didt want to move again it was our last night, there was one in the bed and several around the room, this time I took photos I have uploaded them here. We were so glad to leave the hotel at 5am. We didt sleep at all that night.
Still waiting for my refund..........

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family