I chose this hotel for it's Arabian style, as I wanted to feel that I was in Dubai, and was not disappointed. From the fountain in the lobby, the Arabian murals and antique furniture throughout the hotel, and the lounge area off the lobby, there is a distinct Arabian feel.
Our room was very comfortable, and spacious, with a view of the old fort and Dubai Museum across the road. We had tea/coffee facilities, bottled water, safe and free WIFI, which worked well. Whilst I didn't have a chance to use the spa, I was shown around the treatment rooms, and it looked really nice, with a lot of treatment options.
All staff members were incredibly courteous and friendly. When I asked if there was any soya milk at breakfast, I was advised there wasn't. Ten minutes later I was presented with a small bottle that someone had gone out to the shop to buy for me. It was kept in the fridge with my room number on it, so that I could have it each morning for my coffee. In all my travels around the world I have not experienced such thoughtfulness.
A lot of guests arrive early in the morning, and check in time is usually 3pm, so this hotel has an innovative idea. Near the entrance there is a sign offerring guests choices such as - meal and Museum, or free shuttle to the beach, or early access to the room for a reasonable charge, or settle in the lounge area with refreshments and TV.
We thought the Museum was very interesting, and also walked down to the creek to take a boat ride across. We visited the Dubai Mall twice and saw the fountains which start at 7pm - it was about $AUD7 in a taxi.
There is also a large souvenir shop almost next door with a huge array of goods at prices much cheaper than the large malls. A little further on is a little supermarket, and of course the souks are nearby.
I would definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, is an Arabian Heritage themed hotel located at the heart of Bur Dubai, in Al Fahidi historical area opposite Dubai Museum. This themed hotel is an ideal location for business & Leisure trips, as it is ideally positioned for sightseeing, shopping and business. The spacious guest rooms are comfortable and decorated in an Arabian style. Rooms come with bottled mineral water and tea and coffee making facilities, guests can enjoy free WiFi in the entire hotel. The hotel offers a wide variety of dining options including the Sherlock Holmes English Pub, Pharaoh Cafe & Restaurant, Chinese Dynasty Restaurant and the Mumtaz Mahal Indian Restaurant, you will have a unique experience through some of the most delicious and mouth-watering recipes from all over the world. Make a tour around the Indian, Mediterranean, Egyptian, Chinese, Thai or International cuisine and become a gourmet with our specialties and signature dishes. The hotel is within walking distance of the Dubai Museum, Meena Bazaar, Al Bastakiya Quarter, Al Fahidi Metro Station and Dubai Creek. Dubai World Trade Centre and the city's famous Sheikh Zayed Road are just 3 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel And Spa
- Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Courtyard Dubai
- Dubai Courtyard
- Arabian Courtyard Dubai