I'd recommend staying in this area for only a couple of days, or better yet, stay in Modern Dubai for entire duration and come to this area for shopping in the souks and seeing the historical district and Dubai Museum.
The area is "little India" so unless you like that kind of food/music/culture, you won't like it for very long.
The hotel itself is quite good for the price, has a restaurant/bar onsite, spa, outdoor pool area. Staff are very friendly and accommodating.
Rooms are large if you upgrade to creekview, otherwise you'll have really poor views in smaller rooms facing away from the creek.
All mosques will have a "call to prayer" several times throughout the day, beginning at 5am and these announcements are loud, so take earplugs if you're a light sleeper, as this hotel is close to a mosque.
If shopping in souks is your thing, it's easy to walk to some of them, or take the small boat for .35CAD per direction and visit the larger gold and spice souks across the street.
Dubai is a fabulous destination for foodies, architecture, sightseeing and anything desert-related. Try the dhow dinner cruise - it's amazing for viewing the skyline at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, is an Arabian Heritage themed hotel located at the heart of Bur Dubai, in Al Fahidi historical area opposite Dubai Museum. This themed hotel is an ideal location for business & Leisure trips, as it is ideally positioned for sightseeing, shopping and business. The spacious guest rooms are comfortable and decorated in an Arabian style. Rooms come with bottled mineral water and tea and coffee making facilities, guests can enjoy free WiFi in the entire hotel. The hotel offers a wide variety of dining options including the Sherlock Holmes English Pub, Pharaoh Cafe & Restaurant, Chinese Dynasty Restaurant and the Mumtaz Mahal Indian Restaurant, you will have a unique experience through some of the most delicious and mouth-watering recipes from all over the world. Make a tour around the Indian, Mediterranean, Egyptian, Chinese, Thai or International cuisine and become a gourmet with our specialties and signature dishes. The hotel is within walking distance of the Dubai Museum, Meena Bazaar, Al Bastakiya Quarter, Al Fahidi Metro Station and Dubai Creek. Dubai World Trade Centre and the city's famous Sheikh Zayed Road are just 3 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel And Spa
- Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Arabian Courtyard Hotel Dubai
- Courtyard Dubai
- Dubai Courtyard
- Arabian Courtyard Dubai