“Flawless New Year's Eve Dinner”
Review of Erdiko - CLOSED

Erdiko
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining Restaurant, Modern Cuisine in a quiet neighborhood, 5 minutes walking from the main turistic interest places. The lunch service is open monday to friday from 13:00-16:00 and the dinner is served from monday to saturday between 20:00-23:30.
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My family and I planned to celebrate New Years Eve with what was a very delightful tasting menu made especially for the holiday at Erdiko. I really enjoy participating in tasting menus, they highlight a chef's talents so nicely. Each course was spot on at Erdiko, and the wine pairings - fabulous! We started with a delicious sparkling wine and appetizers including the best lentil soup I and my sister have ever tasted - I think it was topped with a lime foam. There was also a ceviche appetizer and a shrimp appetizer followed by a fabulous oyster appetizer. I am not a huge fan of oysters - I did however enjoy two of them! We moved on to a wonderful plate of lobster topped with mango and I think avocado followed by a very yummy pasta course - which I devoured and proceeded to take a few bites of my sister's! For the entree, Chef Andres was so accommodating. My sister and I don't eat red meat, so he made the best tuna steaks ever! They were perfectly cooked. Dinner of course ended on a sweet note with a lovely chocolate dessert - its hard to go wrong with chocolate - especially in my family :)

Let's not forget the wonderful Chardonnay and Carmenere that were served with the appetizer and entree courses - fantastic! I am so pleased that my family and I spent the special holiday at Erdiko - it was certainly a memorable dining experience. Andres came up to our table to explain the courses - what a great host! It was a truly special way to end 2011.

1  Thank Jenny0386
erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your comments!!!

We don´t find words for describing how glad we were serving you. As you, we spent a great time with all our gests on New Year`s Eve and this is The erdiko Experience: "to make feel the customers as part of our world, serving and describing every part of their culinary experience.

Thank you for trust in us for your 2012 dinner and we hope to see you again, if you come back to Viña del Mar.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2011

We had some trouble finding the restaurant, but it was well worth the effort. Note that if you use the maps option in TripAdvisor to GoogleMaps, it displays the restaurant one block further north than it actually is. The service was friendly and attentive, the cocktails were superb, and the food was very creative, flavorful and well balanced. If you enjoy experiencing new flavors you will not be disappointed.

erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Thank you for your comments!!!

We are very glad to hear you about your great experience at erdiko.

Unfortunelly, we cannot change the location in the map, because Tripadvisor situates it, but we are working with them for impoving the location description and it will be right in a few weeks.

Best,

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I ate here last night and had a meal we will not forget.
The staff, especially the somelier really knew their stuff, from wine suggestions to explaining to us everything on the menu and how it was prepared and cooked.
To start we had the ceviche which was a 3 part taster. 1 between 2 people was enough. For a main I had the duck with mashed potato and white truffle. This was a real delight, followed by the chocolate volcano for desert which was just as amazing.
My wife had the red snapper which was also very nice.
I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I really liked this place. We stayed with friends in Vina for a fortnight and went there twice. First time was for lunch where we had the fixed menu - this was very good food and very good value; second time was for dinner on our last night to take our friends out to thank them, and we were't disappointed. Excellent pisco sours and a good variety and choice on the menu. My steak was cooked just as I liked it, and was cut in half when served so that I could see how it was cooked. All accompanied by some good wine. The service was also excellent; helpful and friendly, but not intrusive. The atmosphere was a little quiet because there were so few other diners, which amazed me, given how good the place was; maybe this was because it is located a little out of the way and it was midweek. I'll probably never go back, but only because I live on the other side of the world, sadly!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Went to Erniko tonight with my wife and We were expecting for the very best after reviewing 1#Tripadvisor of this place. We didnt have starter, We took the plunge on main dishes.. few options but well thought-out!! Our main dishes (tuna for me, angus beef+rissoto for my wife) were tasty - She quite liked her dish, years to come to find a new place she like.. For dessert I tasted a 3 coffe selection on parfait,ice cream and brownie, which was excellent.

There was one server for us and she was patient and efficient. The owner was concerned about our wellness at every time, He was especially helpful when I asked him to take home a chili jam jar I tasted from my wife's dish.

A real highlight is the atmosphere. There were some very nice touches like lounge music and minimalistic style. The walls are painted in white colors and mediterraneanly-shaped. We appreciated the food but this probably isn't the spot for a romantic date (Both of us were celebrating my birthday) but of course a good spot to enjoy a good dinner sorrounded by friends.

1  Thank Giorgio_Migliaro
erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Dear Giorgio,

We are glad to hear you about your excellent experience at erdiko.
We like that the food has exceeded expectations and you like our personalized service

As you have seen, one of our main differences is to give personalized service, by recommending our offers in relation to the needs of each of our guests. We will work to enhance the intimate atmosphere we offer and we hope to see you shortly.

Best Regards!!!