“Scrumptious!”

Erdiko
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining Restaurant, Modern Cuisine in a quiet neighborhood, 5 minutes walking from the main turistic interest places. The lunch service is open monday to friday from 13:00-16:00 and the dinner is served from monday to saturday between 20:00-23:30.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Based on the reviews, my husband and I ventured over to Erdiko. It is located in a residential area, a few blocks from the Casino and other fast food restaurants. Our server was very helpful and spoke English. We started with their version of Pisco Sours. They tasted fresh with the perfect balance of egg white, pisco, lemon (lime) and sugar. We started with venison carpaccio & cerviche, then on to the oil fish & tuna. Each serving was prepared beautifully and each bite was full of flavor. Overall the food is creative and delicious! The interior is attractive, bordering on minimalist. Very calming. They have a good wine list and our waiter guided us through the list.

erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Thank you Very Much for your comments!!!

We are very proud to hear you about your excellent dinner experience with us. The most important for us is guest service and we do our best effort to improve everyday and show the best quality we can give to.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Through friends we had heard about Erdeko in Vina del Mar.
At first walking by the restaurant we almost ignored it as it blended in so well with the neighbourhood we were all walking through.
On entry we were warmly welcomed by the hostess and we had the versions of Pisco Sours that they offered. As we were reviewing the menu we looked up and there was the Chef Giuliani (sp?) of the restaurant. We all had a good conversation with him on what was fresh in the kitchen and we all went with his recommendations. After Chef Giuliani left I believe his business partner came over and discussed the wine pairings of which we went with his recommendations.
When the appetizers came followed by the meal we were really impressed with the presentation and how everything was plated. Suffice to say recommendations exceeded our expectations as each taste blended into the next. Wine pairings complimented the meals and than some.
We forced ourselves into the desert menus and again were absolutely impressed with the taste and presentation of same.
You will enjoy this restaurant for it's commitment for service and quality of its meals.
Well done and thank you for a great night.

erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Thak you a lot for visiting us!!!

It was very nice to met you and share our cuisine with you. We are very happy to read you and we appreciate very much your comments and know your dinner was good. We hpe to see you again if you will be back to Chile and Viña del Mar.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This was, without a doubt, the best dining experience of our visit to this beautiful country. The food was exquisite and presentation outstanding. Chef Giuliano, with a vast amount of experience, was friendly, engaging and determined to make sure our meal was perfect. The ceviche trio for an appetizer was incredible as well as our friends beef carpaccio. Our entrees consisted of snapper, conger eel and steak, all done to perfection. Andres, the manager/sommelier was brilliant with his wine suggestions and made us feel so relaxed and comfortable. I must also agree with another reviewer that the pisco sours were the best. The four of us will definitely be back!!

erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

We work everyday to show the best culinary service possible and we are very proud to hear you about your excellent dinner. We like to give a taylor made dinner to each guest and we are very glad about your satisfaction with food, drinks and wine experience.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

My family and I planned to celebrate New Years Eve with what was a very delightful tasting menu made especially for the holiday at Erdiko. I really enjoy participating in tasting menus, they highlight a chef's talents so nicely. Each course was spot on at Erdiko, and the wine pairings - fabulous! We started with a delicious sparkling wine and appetizers including the best lentil soup I and my sister have ever tasted - I think it was topped with a lime foam. There was also a ceviche appetizer and a shrimp appetizer followed by a fabulous oyster appetizer. I am not a huge fan of oysters - I did however enjoy two of them! We moved on to a wonderful plate of lobster topped with mango and I think avocado followed by a very yummy pasta course - which I devoured and proceeded to take a few bites of my sister's! For the entree, Chef Andres was so accommodating. My sister and I don't eat red meat, so he made the best tuna steaks ever! They were perfectly cooked. Dinner of course ended on a sweet note with a lovely chocolate dessert - its hard to go wrong with chocolate - especially in my family :)

Let's not forget the wonderful Chardonnay and Carmenere that were served with the appetizer and entree courses - fantastic! I am so pleased that my family and I spent the special holiday at Erdiko - it was certainly a memorable dining experience. Andres came up to our table to explain the courses - what a great host! It was a truly special way to end 2011.

1  Thank Jenny0386
erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your comments!!!

We don´t find words for describing how glad we were serving you. As you, we spent a great time with all our gests on New Year`s Eve and this is The erdiko Experience: "to make feel the customers as part of our world, serving and describing every part of their culinary experience.

Thank you for trust in us for your 2012 dinner and we hope to see you again, if you come back to Viña del Mar.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

We had some trouble finding the restaurant, but it was well worth the effort. Note that if you use the maps option in TripAdvisor to GoogleMaps, it displays the restaurant one block further north than it actually is. The service was friendly and attentive, the cocktails were superb, and the food was very creative, flavorful and well balanced. If you enjoy experiencing new flavors you will not be disappointed.

erdiko, Gerente at Erdiko, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Thank you for your comments!!!

We are very glad to hear you about your great experience at erdiko.

Unfortunelly, we cannot change the location in the map, because Tripadvisor situates it, but we are working with them for impoving the location description and it will be right in a few weeks.

Best,