“Mediocre food but good ice cream”
Review of Abis Cafe

Abis Cafe
Ranked #3 of 123 Restaurants in Sucre
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cozy coffee shop and restaurant at international standards with magnificent open air patio. Subsidiary from Abis Cafe. All we serve at Abis Cafe, we serve here as well, including lunches and dinners with excellent wines. We are mainly known for our irresistible hamburgers, variety of filet steaks, BBQ chickenwings, spareribs, meatballs in tomato sauce with Belgian fries or mashed potatoes. Everything is home-made. Quality, service and hygiene guaranteed!!!WIFI We are temporarily closed for relocation. However, we are attending at Abis Cafe on the main plaza, Plaza 25 de Mayo, #32.
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I stopped in here for lunch. The vegetarian quesadillas were far too salty and I couldn't finish them. The WiFi was very slow. But the ice cream was good.

Yves S, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

I regret to read that the quesadillas were too salty. It is not easy to find a production of cheese in Bolivia maintaining the same level of salt each time. Sometimes it varies which makes it not always easy for the girls in the kitchen. I have informed them many times to watch the amount of salt because the Bolivians tend to eat quite salty.
The WIFI used to work extremely well and fast. However, they have saturated the lines here a bit. It happens sometimes that the connexion is slow. Unfortunately we can't do anything about the local telecommunication. I am checking other providers, which could secure a better connexion.
Thank you for liking the ice-cream. It is home-made and is very appreciated.
Thank you for your message.
Have a safe trip.
Yves

There are newer reviews for Abis Cafe

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Really not impressed. I ordered a chicken and egg sandwich and when I got back to the hostel it was beef and mushroom. I walked back to the cafe for them to say I ordered beef. I do not like beef so it was defiantly a mistake. They did not offer me a refund or a new sandwich, which is something I would expect from a business that got an order wrong.

Yves S, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

I totally agree with you. We would always refund a wrong order. Unfortunately I was not there at the time. I have asked the waitress what has happened and as in most of the cases, there is a misunderstanding because of language-issue. Our waitresses are trained to always repeat the order, which then needs te be confirmed by the customer to avoid such problems. The waitress told me about the situation and confirmed that she repeated the order and that you agreed. So it got into the kitchen area.
Mistakes happen and especially because the waitresses only speak spanish and the customer lacks spanish understanding. That's also why we have the menu in English.
Please accept our apologies for not having straightened the situation well.
Yves

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Quite a nice place. Great location. Food was decent, but quite pricey. Service was very good. Toilets are nice. Like the rest of Bolivia, WiFi is rubbish.

Yves S, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for your review.
Have a safe trip.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Number 1 place to eat in Sucre on Trip advisor and from what I have tried I cannot disagree. My girlfriend and I ate lunch here yesterday and dinner here today. The lunch set menu is more expensive than others you will find in and around Sucre, however you pay a premium being on the main town square. And the food was more than worth 40Bol (£4.50 ish). The dinner we had was great for both of us as there are loads of veggie options for my girlfriend and a delicious homemade burger which I very much enjoyed. The beer is served in a freezing cold glass which is perect, and the Staff are friendly and attentive. Keep up the good work.

Yves S, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you so much for this rewarding message. How great are these messages for the whole team. We are here to serve you at our best. Thank you so much.
Have a great trip.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This cafe is just off the main square.. at the time I went there was construction work happening outside.
Ice was really nice but not available for breakfast as I wanted on my pancakes.
The owner even came round and asked how everything was going. He was good. He spoke English and Spanish.
I would go back here

Yves S, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for your great review. We welcome you to come back anytime.
Have a safe journey.