“Always awesome!”

Add it.
El Vaquero
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Alma
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I love El Vaquero! The food is always fast, fresh and tasty. The staff always has a smile and aims to please. Love their chicken chimichangas and the steak fajitas! Have never had a bad meal there and have been going for years. Muy bien!!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Surprisingly extensive menu and pretty authentic food. Service was good. Family owned and operated. Was able to accommodate basic requests to satisfy dairy-free guest.

1  Thank GerrryS
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Being there many times. Always good food. Waiters are very friendly. Owners recognize us always. Good value.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

This was our third time eating here, the first time was just okay, second time was much better, this time wasn't good at all. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon when we went so they were not busy. Two waiters, and two booths with people. The waiter that greeted us at the door seated us at a booth right beside the television. I should have spoken up right then and asked to be seated in the other area, away from the TV. He took our drink order and brought the drinks along with warm chips and salsa (very good). We ordered and our food came out quickly. My husband ordered a combination plate and enjoyed it. I ordered a wet burrito and didn't care for it. It was supposed to be covered in a red sauce and I think they just used salsa, as it was extremely watery. The sour cream they put on top was very thin and watery as well. Very disappointing.

And the server completely ignored us. Never came back even once to check on us or offer drink refills (and we needed them). At the time we left there had only been one other family that came in, so four tables being used and two servers. If the restaurant would have been busy I would have been more understanding, as I used to wait tables in a restaurant myself so I know how it can be. But when it's not busy you definitely should be taking better care of your customers. He was more interested in standing by the cash register chatting with the other server. Finally, when the other server walked away ours turned to see we were done so did come over. Our plates were stacked by the edge (I didn't finish my food, but my husband did) and we were just sitting there waiting. Still never asked how the food was but did ask if we wanted drink refills. I said "no, not now." We could have used them earlier but not when we were ready to leave. He dropped the bill and that was that. His poor tip reflected his poor service and we won't be back. If he would have checked on us even once, and offered drink refills before we were ready to leave he would have gotten our standard 20% tip.

1  Thank Chattyaholic
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

We frequently visit El Vaquero. The food is fabulous and you get a good size portion. I believe everything is homemade and its locally-owned. Love the chimmies.