“A great little restaurant!”
Review of Mahek Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mahek Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Last month we finally got around to trying this restaurant. It is small, with tasteful modernistic interior design. Service was attentive, but not domineering. Our food was excellent. On the dishes we tried, it seemed that the chef used a bit less spice than what is typical of Indian restaurants. Another big virtue of this place: It is quiet! We will definitely return!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I go here a couple times a month for the lunch buffet. The food is great, the price is reasonable, and while it is usually pretty busy, I've never had to wait for a seat.

Also, it is conveniently located next to a parking structure downtown.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

First, I have to say I believe the other reviewer did not mean to rate Mahek a "1" overall - their sub-ratings were 4-5. I rate it a "5". We went to Mahek on Friday evening before a play. Shared the asorted meat appetizer - husband loved it all; I found the sauce a tad bit too spicy for me and so I focused on the yummy, flaky samosas - very tasty. We shared a salad and an order of Mattar Paneer, to which I admit I am addicted... it was the best I've ever had - creamy sacue, cheese just right. Naan and rice both excellent also. Reasonable prices, pleasant service, very nice and relaxing decor. This is now my favorite Indian in Ann Arbor, and we look forward to returning!

Reviewed 24 September 2010

I and my husband and friends and family have eaten at this restaurant numerous times. The lunch buffet is very fresh and very reasonable. The fried items are freshly fried and crispy. The spicing is there but subtle and the tandoori chicken is not dry like in so many other places. This is the only Inidan restaurant in Ann Arbor that my husband agrees to return to.