“Great breakfast spot”

Nick's Original House of Pancakes
Ranked #66 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Nick's is a great place to stop for breakfast. The food is delicious, and the service is great. The location is near the stadium which is nice if you are looking for a great breakfast spot before the game.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We stopped on a weekday morning after an early morning doctor's appointment. There was a decent crowd there, many out of state visitors who were likely U of M alumni revisiting an old friend it seemed, which I thought spoke highly of the food. The waitstaff was pretty average for a diner - friendly, not too hovering, not too fast on refilling coffee, but very competent and pleasant.

At first the food seemed a little expensive, but on arrival, the portions were very good sized and everyone left full, or with leftovers. My four year old had the mickey mouse pancake, and loved it, thought it was way to big for her. The side of back she and my wife split was crispy and tasty and came with four pieces. My wife had the special blueberry poppyseed pancake special and couldn't finish all three of the large pancakes. I had the michigan cherry and walnut pancakes - a great choice, though I felt like the cherries were a little less flavorful than I would have liked. I liked that they served what seemed to be real maple syrup, but disappointed that they didn't serve real butter. The coffee was good for a diner as well.

We left satisfied, and would consider coming back again. I would like to try their omelets which by all appearances looked large and amazing. There were small corners they cut (size of the sides, frequency of coffee refills, no real butter) that I feel like detracted from the experience, but I can also see why alumni would come back over and over. It is worth the return trip.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I met a friend here for breakfast. It is a "no frills" place. The waitstaff was very friendly and they kept the coffee hot with many "warm ups." Now let's get down to food...I had the cream cheese and apple stuffed French toast. DELICIOUS! It was sweet but not tooooo sweet. I paired it with crispy bacon and OJ. My friend had the spinach/mushroom/feta egg white omelette (she is so much healthier than I-haha). Her meal was good also Hash browns were very good and her omelette was steamy, fluffy and fresh. Total bill was $36 with tip. I would return with my family. The kids would love it here;)

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor we thought we couldn't go wrong and we weren't disappointed. We ordered and split a turkey, cheese and spinach omelet, 2 banana pecan pancakes and hash brown potatoes. All of our food came to the table piping hot shortly after ordering. I really didn't care for the sausage in the omelet but my husband loved the omelet, just my personal preference. The restaurant was crowded but the service was friendly and quick. We will be coming back again, not to mention the prices were right.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Portion sizes are HUGE....pancakes were great but the favorite at our table was the heaping helping of fried hash brown potatoes....delicious!