“Better than most”

Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #217 of 660 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

These days sushi can be found in supermarkets, filling stations and on intercontinentale flights with obvious impact on the quality and freshness.
Ichiban delivers good food.
I had a miso soup, seaweed salade and a sushi-sashimi combo. With green tea.
All good and tasty.
I have had better, so no 5 star, but more often I had worse.
I hate to see that the tv screen has now also entered the sushi restaurant. And also modern fast beat music. Although I don't fancy Japanese music, it sure adds to the experience and makes it more authentic. TV screen: seriously?
Oh, and the waitress was very friendly, fast and always with a smile.
Not sure why the host was not smiling. Improvement point.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

This place is great sushi/ nigiri always great service is great hibachi is great we love this place and eat here very often prices are very good also

Reviewed 4 June 2016

The food at Ichiban has never disappointed in the dozen or so times I've had the pleasure of eating there. While the entrees are a bit pricey, it doesn't seem to have had any effect on the diners, especially on weekend evenings. To avoid the evening crowds, my family usually dine at ichiban during the lunchtime hours. The crowds are smaller and the food is just as great. The service has been consistently good and friendly with very little waiting. I can't comment on the sushi, but I can state without reservation that the hibachi shrimp, lobster, steak, or chicken have all been superb.

1  Thank Les U
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

We've been here several times, and we always received good service and quality food! Lunch specials are the most affordable option, and we typically leave with leftovers.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Yummy as always! We come about once a month, and always can count on a good meal. Today we decided to have sushi only rather than wait for hibachi, but still good! Service quick as well.