“Entertaining or simply quiet”

Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #364 of 605 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 2 February 2017

You have a choice of sitting in one section with family/friends or at the hibachi grill. Food quality great and portion size beyond adequate. Friendly service. Accomodating

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Still hurts that the staff is the problem and management doesn't care.
I just cant get over that i tried this place again after they treat you like you dont matter. Which is obvious.... YOU DONT!

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

I live in this town and this is/was my go to spot for friends and family. We walked out due to a snotty nose servers comment. And to top it off a half hearted sorry from a so called manager that didnt show her face till we were walking out.
All birthdays, anniversaries and most events that me and my family get to pick was spent here.
Now that i have grandchildren we go with no less then 6 anymore. Drop $300+ with cocktails. Tip over and above the norm for servers and always side tip the cook. Me and the wife used to do weekly visits that cost $125 on average. I spend alot if i like it .
BREAKS MY HEART THAT I DONT SEE THE OWNER OR HIS FAMILY ANYMORE AND THEY ALLOW THE STAFF TO BE RUDE. I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO MAKE SURE ALL THE KUDOS I GAVE IN THE PAST ARE MADE CLEAR THAT WE WONT EXCEPT RUDE SERVERS AND NO MANAGEMENT REPRIMANDS FOR POORLY TALKING TO AND TREATING CUSTOMERS. I WILL HAVE TO DRIVE BY THIS PLACE TO GET TO THE HIBACHI I WILL SPEND MY APPRECIATED PATRONAGE AT.
ONLY HOPE OWNERS READ THIS AND FIX IT.
VISIT DATE IS 12/18/16.
And the beauty of living in this town and knowing someone wherever you go 1 phone call and you get a name.
Server.
Daniel [...] was the smart mouth server that made me get up and walk out.
I DONT LIKE THIS AT ALL... Never had issues that wasnt minor in the past...but when you go more then 3x a month you will always have minor mistakes. I order $15 ea drinks with V.I.P dinner for two every time. $60. $75 spent before i order my rainbow roll and next of many drinks.
Hurts to leave a place were i have had great times cause the actions of the staff.

5  Thank James G
Reviewed 23 September 2016

20% off regular sushi rolls for dinner (every night?) was a nice surprise! No free miso ($3??) must be where they make up the difference though.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Friendly, decently run, Americanized "Japanese" joint with fairly-priced, well constructed "fusion sushi." Aga-dashi dofu was below par but rest of food was good. Noodles etc. standard but kinda hard to butcher those. Reasonable option in a college town food desert.