“Quality Ingredients for a High Price”

Zingerman's Delicatessen
Ranked #2 of 608 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Opened in March of 1982 by Paul Saginaw and Ari Weinzweig in an historic building near the Ann Arbor Farmers' Market. Serving up thousands of made-to-order sandwiches with ingredients like premium Black Angus corned beef and pastrami, free-range chicken and turkey, housemade chopped liver and chicken salad. The Deli also stocks an exceptional array of farmhouse cheeses, estate-bottled olive oils, varietal vinegars, smoked fish, salami, coffee, tea and much, much more. Today, Zingerman's Delicatessen is an Ann Arbor institution, the source of great food and great experiences for thousands of visitors every year.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first visit. We loved the quality of the sandwich ingredients. The atmosphere was also fun. Our checkout experience could have been better. Since the atmosphere was a little overwhelming and the prices are very high, it would’ve been nice to be checked out by someone who is engaging and smiled. We were a little confused on where to go, what to order, an how to get our drinks. The employee could’ve done a better job explaining about the bread choices. I felt like I almost broke a tooth chewing the hard bread. My turkey Reuben could have used more flavor/sauce. We will try another visit in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The menu of sandwiches is extensive - something for everyone. I had pastrami while my wife had the vegetarian. Both outstanding and we ordered the small sizes which were plenty for lunch. The staff are EXCEPTIONALLY friendly and helpful. I highly recommend going multiple times so you can get a reasonable experience of their many offerrings

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A family breakfast on a Sunday morning. Plenty of room to eat and food came out quickly. Nothing is bad here, so you can't go wrong. Breads, deli selection, and everything else is of the highest quality. A very eclectic atmosphere makes this a must when going to Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited prior to attending a football game. We had a great experience even though the wait was long (as expected on the game day) The price is a little expensive for what you get but worth a try for sure.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As always I enjoy my mile-high corned beef sandwich.. Haven't had anything in Ann Arbor to compare. A bit pricey...but you know that going in. Yummy.