“Mixed Bag”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is really hard for me to judge. On the one hand, the food typically, by-and-large, tastes great. And the use of quality ingredients and making things from scratch is always apparent. ANDDDD, the inventiveness of the menu should be applauded.

That said, at least when coming for lunch, the options are somewhat lacking. And the price, for what you end up getting, is typical Zingermans (aka you're paying a premium).

That said, I've been so many times, and can't really ever recall leaving with a disappointed feeling. Just wish I left a few more times with my mind blown, raving to all about how awesome it was.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

This is a great restaurant! Service is outstanding, great menu selection and the macaroni and cheese was probably the best I’ve ever had! I can’t wait to go back!!

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

I visited on a Sunday evening for a light dinner. The place was packed but I found a spot at the bar. Greeter was slow but once she showed up, food came out quickly. I had the pork BBQ sandwich with fries and mustard Cole slaw. Food was very good except for the fries, greasy, salty overcooked hard. I would guess they don’t want you to have the fries. Lots of macaroni dishes on the menu. Not a place to count calories but very popular. Parking was at a premium.

Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

I'll ha e to say I was skeptical coming in here. However this place easily won top three places to eat in the whole state of Michigan! Ask for Kem she's a doll and oh so knowledgeable. We had tried poutine for the first time, it was pretty good. We ended up getting the BBQ sample plate and a small Mac n cheese and split both! If you're super hungry I'd highly recommend the sample plate. If not then splitting those two dishes worked for us and we got to try more! The BBQ sauce is so damn good. The ribs literally fall off the bone! Get half a rack of ribs if your unsure on the pulled pork or pulled beef. I really can't say enough good things! They have everything on the put for a minimum of 14 hrs..... -Our mac n cheese had ALOT of sauce and I let Kem know, she said it usually doesn't look like that. So not only did she take it off, they remade a small Togo -which honestly was night and day from the Mac n cheese I had (same recipe) it was so damn good! Then... Let me tell y'all about the butterscotch pudding! So I thought yeah ok ... (I was thinking of the snack pack butterscotch pudding) and they have alot of other deserts that sounded better. But he wanted that so I went with it... Holy crap y'all!! It was one of the best deserts hands down! I can't explain how dang good that stuff is you definitely need to try it though!! Haha I don't even like pudding hardly!! I will happily eat here over and over again and I'm just sad I didn't get more pictures! If your on the fence about stopping here do it, you won't regret it. I will say it's a little pricey I'd bring a little extra $ because there is so much to try! Oh and not to mention they have fresh fish and oysters flown in DAILY!

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank MissLa40
Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch and experience at this restaurant. The menu is interesting and the atmosphere is fun and energetic. We had sandwiches and soup and the choices were prepared very well. We will certainly return!

Date of visit: December 2018