Free cancellation until 04/08
US$119
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$178
US$118
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
US$238
US$229
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

US$154
TownePlace Suites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Free cancellation until 02/08
US$188
US$183
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$145
The Kensington Hotel(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$125
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$165
US$143
Priceline
Burnt Toast Inn(Ann Arbor)
US$150
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolnice hotelrestaurant stafftypical holiday innhockey tournamentadjoining restaurantbuffet breakfastconvenient locationfront desk stafffitness centerbusiness centerbeds were comfortablehospitalshuttleuniversitymichigangame
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights, coming into town for a football game. The rates were elevated due to this, but not jacked up as much as other nearby places, so I didn't feel too fleeced! The rooms, decor, cleanliness,etc., were what one can expect from any Holiday inn. No better, no worse. The location is convenient, and the staff was friendly and helpful. No complaints.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The hotel grounds, hallways, reception area, and room(s) were all clean and comfortable. The bed could have been just a tad bit more comfortable. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing about the room. I welcomed the jetted tub on the last night of our stay. It was great on my aching joints and I wish I had one at home. Breakfast was appreciated, but I would suggest enlarging the preparation area. People were always getting in the way of each other. Also, the seating area adjacent to the pool smelled too much like chlorine. Surely, it was more peaceful and more seating is necessary, but seating by the pool isn't the best place at which to dine.
Besides these few small inconveniences, I would still recommend your hotel to others.

Room Tip: Jetted tub is roomy for one person, not so much for two.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I know that due to supply and demand hotels can jack their rates considerably when there's a home game at Michigan Stadium, but seriously - increasing rates by over $100/night is crazy. The hotel is large and convenient to the highway, but there's too many negatives for us to ever return.

There was a weird odor in the hallways. Bathrooms are very small. Not to get too graphic, but you cannot sit on the commode without closing the door and the low profile toilet makes using it uncomfortable for anyone with long legs. Also, there's a bizarre notice on the wall next to the thermostat that says it's a "green" thermostat and will cycle off to a higher temperature when it detects no motion in the room. So...at 1:00 am in the morning the air conditioning will cycle down, making the room very warm. My husband kept getting out of bed to change the thermostat. I just told him to toss and turn more often and maybe it would "detect" motion?

To their credit, we asked for a room furthest from stairwells and elevators and they kindly placed us midway down a hall. It was pretty quiet, no street noise, and no loud guests roaming the halls (that happened to us last year at another hotel). It does have the North Shuttle available on game day, but as the North Shuttle is the furthest from the Stadium, it took over an hour to get back after the game. Hotels downtown or south of the Stadium are closest, but all were sold out by the time I needed a room. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: away from elevators and facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear dre51,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our location. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our thermostat, hallways and bathrooms. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for reference.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and I stayed for 8 days. The staff was helpful. I made use of their business center many times. I needed some business/computer scanning services done, and the business center didn't have a scanner, but the staff went out of their way to scan my documents in their office and email the documents to me.

The gym is pretty small, but the equipment is nice, and it is very clean. The pool is great, with both an inside and an outside portion. In the afternoon and evenings there were plenty of families at the pool, but you couldn't hear them from my 2nd floor room. I enjoyed the pool and gym almost every morning. The pool was so clean in the early morning that you would never guess there were dozens of people there the night before.

I'll review their restaurant/bar separately, but I can tell you the food was very nice and affordable. My room had been recently updated. Even though I was traveling alone, there was enough space in my room for a family of four. The WIFI worked well at all times.

I attended meetings and conferences at the University of Michigan during my stay, and there was always a "blue" bus available to take us there and back. We usually didn't have to wait more than a few minutes for the bus.

I decided to do some outdoor sports while in Ann Arbor, and the hotel arranged their free shuttle service to drop me off and then pick me up hours later. Did I mention how helpful the staff was. Very nice people.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank John E
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Came to the area to visit my daughter at college. The hotel was near her school and close to restaurants. Very clean!! The bathroom was a bit small, but tolerable. All in all, a very good experience with this hotel and will likely stay again, especially for the price we got through Hotwire.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family