Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
US$139
US$127
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$146
GardenInn.com
US$98
Hampton.com
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
US$208
US$165
US$127
US$155
Travelocity
All reviewsthe club loungefront deskthe indoor outdoor poolworkout roomother hotelsbreakfast buffetthe general managercomfortable hotelfitness centercomfortable bedsbusiness centergreat roomup to dateoatmealbriarwood mallnice stayconvenient location
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

If you’re in Ann Arbor for a football game the best hotel is one that’ll rent you a room.

This is exactly like 1000 other medium sized town, Highway adjacent Sheratons. Maybe a tad more heavily visited

They have an indoor pool, a gym, lil mini store inside and a lounge.

Rooms are clean. Staff is pleasant.

This is south of the stadium - so not on campus at all but that has benefits. Nice enough place to stay if you’re in town. If you’re looking to stay on campus this is not the ticket.

I’m sure I’ll be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Susan S, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review regarding your Ann Arbor visit. We appreciate your feedback!
We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We recently stayed at Sheraton Ann Arbor and hosted a continuing education meeting there, the catering , hotel staff and facility were all excellent! Special thanks to Mike and Jeff at the front desk, Jacqueline and Tony, Ray and Bill with catering. We had mailed 3 boxes of course materials the day before we arrived, they went the extra mile and had our 3 boxes in our room before we arrived and checked in. We just checked in at the front desk, and since we called ahead, they had located the boxes, picked a room, and had our course materials waiting for us in that room. Little things like that make a allot of difference. Catering provided breakfast, morning and afternoon break food, great lunch and had the bill ready for us to sign before we left at 5 pm as we requested.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Susan S, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for leaving us such a glowing review. We will recognize all of the associates that you named for what we call "above and beyond" service. We hope to always display this service culture for all of our guests and it is very rewarding when we succeed.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

It's been awhile since I have stayed in a Sheraton but this visit will put them back on my radar screen. Overall the staff was very good and the bar staff in particular was friendly and attentive. The room was clean and might have been recently refurbished.
The noise level was quiet even though I know there were wedding parties on the Club Level floor both nights. The room and property were neat and very clean.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for leaving us a review and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Look for some exciting changes coming up for the Sheraton in Ann Arbor. We will be adding a new 1000 square foot club lounge and relocating it to the main floor in order to comfortably accommodate more of our SPG special guests! And beginning December 2018, the hotel will undergo a full lobby and guest room renovation.
We cannot wait for your next visit!
Thanks for staying with us!
Regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

This is a fine hotel with ample meeting space, pretty good food and drinks, and comfortable rooms. I had a second floor room which made it easy to avoid the elevators and quick to get to my room. The food at the restaurant was good as were the drinks. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I like to use the stairs, so lower floors for me
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Susan S, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you very much for leaving us a review regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Ann Arbor. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next trip to Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This was the worst experience we have ever had at a Sheraton Hotel. We were located on the 5th floor which was supposed to be a Starwood Preferred Guest floor and required the key card for the elevator to go there.There were definitely no perks to staying on this floor as the rooms on the lower floors were identical in size and decor.The rooms were small but did have adequate storage space. The bathroom was also very small. There is also no ice maker anywhere in this hotel. If you need ice you need to walk downstairs into the lobby gift shop and get some out of a small space in a refrigerator/freezer. Hope you get there before the rush because they run out.
Housekeeping on the 5th floor was poor.Several times I had to ask for more toilet paper because it had not been refilled. Two times I had to locate a person to ask to have my room cleaned even though my Do Not Disturb sign had been removed early in the morning when many other rooms still had their signs hanging. I still had to wait until 4:30 pm for the room to be finished.The last time I requested my room cleaned I did so at the front desk because we had an early affair to attend I needed to be back in my room to get ready no later than 11:30. The front desk clerk was nice enough to call up to the person cleaning our rooms to let her know. I stayed downstairs and read a book so as not to be in her way. When I went back to my room around 11:20 the room still had not been cleaned. The cleaning cart was parked in the hallway but there was no one around or even working in another room.I called down to the front desk but was told they had no idea what had happened because they had let her know but it really wasn't their problem it was house keeping's problem and she would let the manager know. The manager finally came to our room hours later to let us know it had been a miscommunication. She did leave us with some clean towels, coffee and cups.
While waiting downstairs one afternoon for my room to be cleaned I was introduced to the General Manager, Susan, who was one of the rudest individuals I have ever encountered in the customer service business. I was sitting in a chair 1 step lower than the main floor, this women did not walk around to where I was seated, instead she stayed on the upper level and made me turn around and look up at her. She informed me that my room was cleaned 30 minutes after my "DND" sign was removed (which had been removed at 10:40 am), it was now 4:40 pm! Since I wasn't sure what a DND sign was I had to ask to clarify. I attempted to explain that the sign had been down for hours but I was still waiting on the room. Her mannerisms and tone of voice were curt as if she couldn't be bothered. Poor communication skills, impatience, rudeness and unprofessional behaviors make up bad customer service traits and Susan was at the top of the list in my book!
It's a good idea not to bother to eat at the restaurant if you are looking for good food. The breakfast buffet was adequate but nothing special. The Eggs Benedict were cold, the eggs over cooked and they used deli ham which was very salty. My daughter-in-law and I tried lunch one day and it was terrible. We both had soup which came out cold even after I requested they make sure mine was very hot since it was French Onion. The cheese was not even melted, just a lump on top of the bowl so I sent mine back to be reheated. We also ordered grilled cheese sandwiches which also came out cold. You could still see the square cheese slices on the bread that had never melted. Instead of sending the sandwiches back we decided to take them to our rooms and put them in the microwave to heat through. Although the food was terrible I must say the young ladies who worked in the restaurant were very nice and attentive. Kudos to them.
The larger problem was the potential for identity theft. The Hertz Rental Car Corporation rents space in the Sheraton which does make it convenient if you need to rent a car. Several cars were reserved for a group of gentlemen but Hertz made an error with the credit card holding the reservation, they couldn't locate the correct number. Hertz then went to the front desk and was given my son's credit card information he used to keep on file for his room by a front desk employee. This is illegal and against Sheraton policy. The two companies, Sheraton and Hertz, are not affiliated in any way. When my son was out to lunch his bank started to send him messages regarding car rental fees that were being charged to his personal account.. Eventually they closed his card which caused an embarrassing situation when he tried to pay for his lunch plus he no longer could use his card until he spoke directly to his bank. Unfortunately this happened late on a Saturday and he was not able get this corrected until Monday. On Monday Hertz was able to correct their situation and credit his card. Again, General Manager Susan, is involved and insisted that the Sheraton would never give out guest information. It could not have happened! Fortunately for my son, Hertz verified that they got the information directly from a young lady working at the front desk on Saturday.Our question is how often does this happen? Credit information is confidential information and should be treated as such! We all felt my son should receive some compensation for the egregious error. Jason was unable to help and Susan didn't care to help even though it was her staff that caused the problem. My son had to eventually contact the Corporate Office for assistance. The intention of good customer service is to keep customers satisfied so that they return and refer friends and family. I'm sorry but I do not wish to return to this establishment and would hesitate to refer anyone.
I usually have no need to write negative reviews but our stay at this Sheraton was less than desirable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Boxermamma56
Susan S, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Boxermamma56;

I am personally so sorry for your recent experience. It is never our intent to make you feel as though you are not important to us. We truly appreciate your feedback and the time that you took to write this review. We will review our guest service policies to ensure that no other guests have these issues in the future.

We wish you all the best with your future travels to Ann Arbor.
Susan Sereno