See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2017

The one good thing I can say about the Skyline is that I had a quiet stay. However, I had to change my room quickly upon arrival because the television wasn't working. The person at the front desk said her son was at the health club and that I'd have to wait until he gets back for him to fix it. I wasn't about to wait for him to return so I changed rooms. Thank goodness I didn't unpack. The bed wasn't comfortable. The bathroom was small for just one person. There was hardly any room just to sit on the toilet. There are no curtains in the room. There are only blinds. I couldn't get the blinds to close so I had to turn each blind down to close them. They use old-fashioned keys, not the card keys like most hotels. The lamp shade wasn't in the best condition with a hole in it. The good news is that I finally got a television that worked and the wifi for my small tablet worked. When you're on a budget, you don't have much of a choice of where to stay. I would've preferred to stay at one of the hotel chains in town, but they were charging too much. I made it through one night, but I wouldn't want to return for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Dinup P, Guest Relations Manager at Skyline Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Regards,
Management

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Booked here fairly late in the day off of Trip Advisor reviews, was just looking for a place to sleep. Very clean, affordable and check in was easy. Would book here again for sure if I was on the way through again.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank kryshiaq

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments. Our team is always dedicated to provide the best hospitality we offer our guests for a comfortable and memorable stay and we will not miss to share these thoughts with our team.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future, to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Regards,
Management

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

This small motel has been around for years, i believe. It is an example of what overnight stays used to be--clean, functioning, efficient and basic. I really appreciated the cross ventilation afforded by windows which open on opposite sides of the room. The fresh air gave us one of our best sleeping nights on the road in 3 years. Well done.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Dinup P, Guest Relations Manager at Skyline Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I was there in a busy season when hotels were so expensive.
The skyline hotel is great, super clean
It feels like your home , brand new bathroom.
Owners are really friendly .
My room had fridge, microwave , and all the amenities of a large chain hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Working in the Alexandria, MN area and needed a place that was close to the worksites, simple, and accommodating. The Skyline met all of my requirements. Also, if I was in the area for fishing, this would be the perfect place to stay. Its close to tons of lakes and has room and power to park/charge your boat. The price was very reasonable and I will be sure to make any future trips to this area as a stay at this Motel.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms should be adequate.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business