“Bueno!”

Casa Rio Tex Mex Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Anoka
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Fresh Tex Mex, great chips and salsa and the prices are right in line with a family budget! We love the food here and the service is quick and food is as expected. Located in the heart of Anoka, this is a must stop place to fill your Mexican food munchies and the Guac is to die for. WAY BETTER THAN THE CHAIN RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA. Look up their specials on their website and try my personal favorite Mahi Tacos, its delicioso!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is our go to Mexican restaurant. Cute decor, awesome fast wait staff and great food and drinks. Much better than the chain Mexican restaurants in this area.

Seafood enchiladas are my favorite! ❤

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Even though I was expecting more of an authentic Mexican food, I was please with the menu and the food was good

Reviewed 9 August 2017

although, not my favorite Tex Mex restaurant, it's nice to have Casa Rio as a choice on Jackson St. I have tried their Seafood enchiladas, I think they have too much crab, not enough shrimp. Also not a fan of all the veggies in the rice, it appears as though they add a can of VegAll to the rice.
There is plenty of room in the restaurant and the servers are very attentive. My husband had a Wet Burrito and loved it. My daughter had Chicken Taco Salad and also thought it was very good.

1  Thank c1958indy
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have eaten at Casa Rio twice, not quite a year apart. Both time I have had tacos from the a la carte menu - and they are a bargain $2.50 per taco. I ordered two and it was plenty to fill me up, especially since we also got chips & salsa too. Personally I did not miss the beans/rice that you get with the platters, since the most interesting part is the tacos. Which come in a light shell -- more flavorful than the normal crunchy corn tortillas like you get in the box in the grocery store and also even get a some restaurants. If this place wasn't so far away from where I live I would definitely come here more often. Margarita was only $4. Plenty of seating, air conditioned. Small bathroom (3-stalls) is outside the restaurant proper and shared with other restaurant next door. Casa Rio has a limited amount of outdoor seating in the back. (But no ambiance there - it just faces out onto the public parking lot.) But perhaps for those who would like to smoke, the outdoor tables are a good option. The green chili salsa can be ordered on the side; it's mildly spicy but adds a nice flavor to the tacos or chips. Service is friendly. Sometimes this place can get very busy (like for a playoffs during a game) but when I went on 8/6 around 5pm it was quiet, but started to fill up as the evening went on.

Been to Casa Rio Tex Mex Restaurant? Share your experiences!