“Great Dining”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

A classic diner decor along with great food at affordable prices. You feel your back in the 50s with a variety of Austin memorabilia on the walls.

Kenny K, Owner at Kenny's Oak Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for choosing to dine with us and I am glad to hear that your visit with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant in the near future. Have a great day, Bob!

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Our go-to restaurant for decades now! The best spot to take your friends because the menu is huge and the prices reasonable! If you've never been it's a must to try! Everything is quality with generous portions. Staff is fantastic!! Newly remodeled decor with cool vintage items, photos, & signs lining the walls. Best Beer Batter Shrimp and best Pancakes in town!!

Management response:Responded 1 October 2017

Thank you for dining with us again, Jeanne! We appreciate your loyalty and your continued trust in our restaurant and our staff. Rest assured that we will do everything it takes to make us deserving of your loyalty.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Great location in the middle of Austin with great food and service. A 50's / 60's themed eatery with great decor as well. I've eaten lunch here a number of times and have never been disappointed - I will certainly continue to eat here.

Management response:Responded 21 August 2017

Scott, thank you for the wonderful, 5 STAR review! We love when our customers take the time to share their thoughts with us, and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and all your previous visits as well! Stop back in again soon, we cannot wait to continue serving you!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I try to eat healthy so I'm typically wary of the classic diner, but Kenny's had a huge menu with a handful of lite options. The chicken breast was tasty, and the breadsticks that came with it weren't the fresh-bread-drenched-in-butter style of breadsticks, but instead the cracker sticks (which were delicious). I can definitely see why it's a popular spot with the locals.

Management response:Responded 20 August 2017

Katherine, thank you for the kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words, and we are so glad that we met your expectations. We pride ourselves in our expansive menu that caters to patients with an array of different diets. We hope to see you again soon, and have a great rest of your weekend!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I grew up in Austin and ate at the Oak Grill countless times. Since moving away, I hadn't been back in almost 5 decades, but had the opportunity yesterday. My first bite was of an onion ring (decor on a steak). It's taste carried me back over all those years... it was exactly the same as the thousands I had eaten while growing up and as a teenager. Although in a new building, and the menu has expanded, the food we had was absolutely excellent, just as the Oak Grill was known for serving years ago. The fact the place was full of "locals" speaks volumes about t it. It was nice to see Austinites still flocking there. Will I be returning? You bet. A great meal at a reasonable price. Can't do better than that. (and oh yes...they do serve Spam. It is Austin after all)

1  Thank whitefish2
Management response:Responded 13 August 2017

whitefish2, thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive review! We are so glad that you were able to join us again after all those years. We love our locals and loyal customers who keep coming back and who provide us with such kind feedback. We are pleased to hear that your food was just as you remembered it, and we cannot wait to serve you many more times in the future. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support, and we will see you next time! Have a great week!

Been to Kenny's Oak Grill? Share your experiences!