“Great takeout!”

Pop’s Clam Shell
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Alton Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This place is great for a quick lunch or dinner no frills well made food cooked to order fast service plenty of places to sit.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great small takeout with inside and deck seating overlooking Alton Bay great clams and friend food place famous and well deserved

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Wow...you get what you pay for...seafood and Frides heaped on platters and spilling onto the trays. Amazing. And the burgers are great too.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stopped here on our way home from Tubing on the Saco. My sister wanted whole belly clams but they had sold out. She had chicken tenders and onion rings. I had clam strips and a vanilla shake. The food was outstanding. The clam strips were the best that I have ever had!

A few days later we went swimming in Alton and went to Pop's for lunch when they opened at 11:30. There was a constant line to order food. The whole belly clams were excellent and the scallops delicious. A car would leave and there would be 2 to take it's place.

We have recommended Pop's to family and friends and will be going back.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We have a small cottage in Alton Bay and we are sure to feast at Pops every year. Our favorites are the fried baby shrimp, scallops and a side of onion rings. Occasionally we get clam strips but I prefer them with bellies. My husband loves the pulled pork and my daughter loves the chicken fingers. Just remember to bring cash or a check but if you forget they have an ATM close by. Just writing this is making my mouth water for a second trip!