See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I usually never write a review but i must..tbe Hampton Hotel in Absecon/Atlantic City just open Memorial Day 2017..and my first visit was a week after grand opening..i was very pleased with the friendly atmosphere and if course because it was only a few weeks past grand opening..the cleanliness..here it is July 4th weekend and the rugs were filthy...most of the breakfast food was cold..and the room service was inadequate..i have visited many Hamptons throughout the country so I am very familiar with them..Never will go there again..hope they get better guidance or instruction on how it should be run

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. When we checked into our room, it was very hot and stuffy. The temperature on the thermostat said 76 degrees. (It was July 4th weekend and nearly 100 degrees outside.) We turned the temperature down and left the room for a few hours so it could cool down. When we returned, the temperature was back up to 76 degrees. Called the front desk and found out that all the thermostats have a motion sensor, so if you are not in the room or are sleeping the temperature goes back up to 76 degrees automatically.

We got no sleep whatsoever. We booked a 2-night stay but checked out after the first night. When we checked out, we heard other guests complaining about the AC issues. We lost half a day of our vacation dealing with finding another hotel to stay at and getting checked in over the July 4th holiday.

We have been loyal to the Hampton Inn brand for many years, but putting motion sensors on the thermostats is pennywise and pound foolish. We will be taking our business to a different hotel chain and recommending that others to do the same.

Room Tip: Stay away unless you like it HOT
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank m0ther_of_drag0ns
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Great, Clean Affordable hotel Bed was very comfortable and the room size was not bad at all..breakfast was good no complaints there.. enjoyed my birthday weekend .. Thanks Hampton Inn

AC was a issue it was not broke but the sensor kept making it shut off when no one was moving, became issue when we slept.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

First time at this basically brand new new hotel . May be two months old . So check in wasn't great , the girl gave me two keys 1 that didn't work . She never informed me of breakfast times and didn't tell me when check out was .
So go downstairs washer and dryer broke . Already the place just opened .
Then I'm in my room and I hear a loud rumbling. Yes a train track right there . (They should put that right on the site). But no one would stay knowing that .
So I go down and ask the girl " is there a train that runs behind the hotel"? She there is a train some where back there I don't know know where though . I said that's extremely noisy . No offer from her to move me , just I'm sorry we can't help the noise from the train .
Then I heard another customer complain his room key was working and he was having internet issues .
I wouldn't likely come back .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank IsupportRonPaul
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel was suppose to be new. We checked in and went to the room to find the air conditioner not working. This wasn't good at 100 degrees outside the AC needed to work. Called the desk clerk and was put in another room at 11:00pm. The AC was working but one of those under window AC units that rattle and make way to much noise. Then noticed the window didn't have curtains but to tired to change again. I believe the hotel still needs some work. Plus, get rid of those AC units that make so much noise.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple