“Unique...in the best way possible ”
Review of The Hook

The Hook
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Absecon
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had the day off and decided to get something for breakfast/lunch, we weren't sure what we wanted...so we checked out local reviews and stumbled on The Hook...and what a great fall. You can drive past and never see this place but if you are in Absecon this place is incredible. I got the lobster roll, my boyfriend got the cheesesteak with lobster..OH it was the best, fresh made to order lunch ever! BUT we had plenty of conversation with the owner Glen & Michelle the waitress and a regular. The place is very comfortable and relaxed, food is quality fresh and the owners mother bakes the desserts herself. I honestly can't wait to go back and try something else. OH we split an orange chiffon slice of cake that they toasted for us and it was perfect..light but great flavor...this place is about to be my new hangout and they told us byob next time...we love it and they cater you gotta try it

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Nice small nook that harks back to the South Jersey prior to casinos. Great roast pork sandwiches. Give it a try

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

This place is an absolute hidden gem. We are always looking for the little hole in the wall places to eat...the places the locals go to enjoy fine cuisine at a reasonable price. The Hook exceeded all expectations, the Ceasar salad, fresh seated Ahi salad delicious, mussels and fresh calamari ummm, and my son's chicken Parmesan sandwich was the best he ever had...Services was awesome. I will go out of my way to return for another meal from the Hook!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I found The Hook totally by chance. When I walked in Michelle flashed a welcoming smile and offered me a seat, made me a fresh lemonade and presented the specials. This is where it gets really good. The specials are all amazing and difficult to choose from. I chose the Sirloin/Lobster Cheese Steak. Amazing !
I've been back twice recently and had to bring my wife on the weekend just to share the experience. We enjoyed the food and we enjoyed the hospitality of Michelle, and of course Glen. Glen is a friendly guy who happens to create the most interesting and tasty combinations of ingrediants and serves them with a story and a smile. This place is worth a trip off the beaten path. Oh, and the location is unique as well ! Find it soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Our friends frequent The Hook Restaurant and invited us to join them last evening. I must say that this place is a great place to go to. The owner sits with you and has a way of adding to the dining experience. Try it and I am sure you will like it!