“The Best Falafel in the world (tie with Sahyoun in Beirut)”

Atmosphere Siem Reap
Ranked #54 of 946 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Description: Falafels, teas and cakes
Description: Falafels, teas and cakes
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I don't mean to brag, but I have eaten Falafel all over the world. I am mostly a vegetarian and I love Falafel. I have eaten it at the Famous Sahyoun in Beirut, Barbar in Beirut, Felfela in Egypt, other places in Egypt, Syria and Jordan. I have eaten it in France, Greece, Germany, Washington DC, etc. etc as the King of Siem would say. I can testify that Mo makes the best Falafel in the world (a tie with Sahyoun, who is know to also make the best Falafel in the world). Not only that; Mo makes his own bread and his own Taratour.

There are few Arabic speaking and native Falafel eating visitors to Siem Reap, Mo could not believe his ears when I started talking with him in Arabic. However, what really was special about this guy, is that he never forgot to take care of everyone in his restaurant with the same enthusiasm and friendliness as he showed me (his fellow expat). Mo is a really special and amazing guy.

Finally, his prices are amazing. I am thinking of moving to Siem Reap and retiring there just to have a daily meal at Atmosphere...I can definitely afford it...:)

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We had a great evening visiting atmosphere! The owner was super nice and we got the best falafel I've ever tasted actually. Because we sat outside the owner provided us with mosquito spray, and frequently came out just to chat, or give us more water. Their ice teas were so good as well!
You won't go wrong visiting atmosphere!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Everything was just perfect! We ordered the falafel and the chicken sumac and both dish were divine. The dessert was also delicious as well as the iced teas. The owner is funny and lovable no wonder the experience was so great. A must stop for anyone who wants a delicious meal from start to end for a cheap price!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I visited the place because i wanted to have some falafels, and it was close and had good reviews.
Well the plate was 3,5$ and they replaced hummus for baba ganoujh for me. It was AMAZING!!! The salad dressing was also wonderful and the falafels were crispy and super tasty!
The owner is also very nice and helpful!

Pay a visit to this if you want to have some middle-eastern food!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This was a ice little find and our Iraqi host was friendly with a good sense of humour. Food very tasty and very large servings, both the hummus and baba ganoush could easily have served two. We were unable to finish everything, a doggie bag was provided wth some more pitta thrown for free. Needless to say will go back before we're finished.