All reviews fresh coconut cold towels coconut drink traditional dance performance lotus petals free dinner stone bath pool access khmer dinner picnic lunch bedtime story pub street sticky rice poolside room welcome drink body scrub tuk tuk
Reviewed 24 May 2018

What a wonderful experience! We had 3 fantastic days in Siem Reap and stayed at this gem of a hotel. Our stay was very comfortable and the facilities were perfect. The staff were exceptional - always smiling and happy to help. They helped us to plan our travel and excursions. Highly recommended 5 star Khmer service!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank r6d
GTGROUP, General Manager at Golden Temple Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear r6d,

It was an honor and valuable occasion to accommodate you in our property.

Thanks for your time to share your excellent experience of your stay with us on TripAdvisor while you are here to visit Cambodia, Kingdom of wonder. I'm delighted to read that you had the incredible time with Golden Temple Retreat. Your review could mean enough to us. We're really appreciated that you like the hotel and hospitality delivered to your family a deep sweet memory.

We encourage going the extra mile and your appreciation is vital for us.

I trust you are well and please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stayed here 3 nights to visit famos Angkor and celebrate New Year's Eve. Pick-up at the airport was included, the hotel staff were waiting with a sign and a refreshment. The hotel is located right in the middle of Siem Reap with the Pub Street and plenty of restaurants within walking-distance. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and helps you to organize everthing (from Tuktuk for the temple trip to boat to Phnom Phen), which can be paid at the end of your stay. In our reservation breakfast, 1 dinner and 1 lunch at the temples were included in our booking. The Lunch was not availble due to preparation for new years eve and we got a lunch in the restaurant instead. The food is average at it's best and adjusted to western taste.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and it is a good option for 2 or 3 nights, but do not use the bikes offered by the hotel as they are not safe (loose tire, gear not working, breaks in very bad condition).

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Reisemonsterchen
GTGROUP, General Manager at Golden Temple Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Reisemonsterchen,

It was an honor and valuable occasion to accommodate you in our property.

Thanks for your time to share your great experience of your stay with us on TripAdvisor while you are here to visit Cambodia, Kingdom of wonder. I'm delighted to read that you had the great time with Golden Temple Retreat. Your review could mean enough to us.

Please kindly accept this e-mail of this is to convey to you my personal sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your lunch arrangement and the general taste of your ordered food. we will look into these for further improvement.

If you have any additional information that you believe may help us in our improvement please share it with me by replying to this email. I hope you next stay will be excellent. We encourage going the extra mile and your appreciation is vital for us.

Luon Thea
E. gm@goldentemplehotel.com

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Really good hotel. Kind workers and very helpful. A fantastic swimming pool to relax in and the room was big and confortable. They offer you lots of ammeneties and drinks during the stay. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank alejandromanuelbobes

Dear alejandromanuelbobes,

Reviewed 16 May 2018

our private assistant Rin provide fhe best preparation for us. which make us feel warm. the spa food swimming pool there are perfect. All staff very take care of our feel.Too much warm thing to say.HaHaHa... If we come Siem reap again must stay here!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank flleo97412

Dear flleo97412,

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Before booking the hotel I was a bit skeptical: this hotel only had good reviews. I thought maybe they were fake. I was wrong: if this hotel has so much good review it’s because it is truly awesome. I travel a lot for work or for personal reason: I’m trying hard right now to find a better hotel stay than this one in my 100+ experience.
I won’t repeat what all the other reviews have stated: service is fantastic, hotel amenities glorious and location perfect (just outside the city center, close enough to walk there but far enough to avoid crowd and noise).
I will focus instead on the perks you get there. First thing: you have to book on their website (not on travel agency like Booking or Hotel.com). Why? Because you get a lot of freebies: airport pickup and drop off (so you don’t have to worry finding a taxi and negotiating the ride), free drink on arrival with a set of local delicacies, 1 hour massage for every person in the room (even my teenage daughter got hers), a free dinner with local dancers, picnic to bring along with you when you visit the temples, a phone with unlimited local communication. Sometimes the problem with these “gifts” is that they are poor quality: not here. The massage was one of the best I had in my numerous trips in Asia. Same for the dinner: the dishes were really tasty and delicate.
My daughter is normally judging an hotel on their breakfast: she ranked this one at the top of her list: 10/10 (try the pancakes they are delightful).
We also got an early check in and late checkout enabling us to enjoy our luxury room from arrival early in the morning to departure late afternoon.
Last word for the people working there. You can feel they genuinely care about your stay. Kudos for their amazing work which makes you feel you stay in one of these 5 star palace.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family