Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort
US$221
US$163
US$165
  • Pool
All reviewsmr hakpub streettuk tuktropical treesoverhead fantwo storeygarden settingprivate balconyminute walkquiet oasisexcellent englishquiet streetair conpool areaold marketwonderful poolclose to town
Reviewed 25 March 2018

This is a locally owned and managed hotel. From start to finish it was a great place to stay. The owner responds very quickly to emails and making a reservation was easy. The hotel is in a great location, easy walk to the old market, pub street, and the night market but down a quiet lane away from the noise. The units are well built and noise is not an issue. It is set in a lovely garden, the rooms are spacious have air con and high-speed fans, are very clean, with great patios that also have fans. Each room has a fridge/mini bar and a safe.The pool is sparkling clean, a good size set in the middle of the garden with ample chairs around it. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Mr. Soun, speaks very good English is very knowledgeable and will set up any tours, tuk tuks, etc. He is always friendly and willing to help. The service is excellent, rooms are cleaned daily, bottled water is supplied, and breakfasts include both North American and Khmer options. The restaurant has some very good meals at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor garden view room
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pent00
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I stayed 4 nights in early March at this wonderful oasis in Siem Reap. I had a beautiful second floor room overlooking the pool area. The balcony provided such a nice place to sit in the afternoon after spending the day sightseeing (there was a ceiling fan on the patio which easily kept me cool). The pool was also nice with comfy poolchairs that provided a nice place to rest and read a book after a long day. The room was spacious and clean and,best of all, the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is well located down a quiet road off Wat Bo Rd. It was only a 10 -15 minute walk to the market area and Pub Street. I always felt very comfortable and safe walking back to the hotel alone after dark. The hotel service was exceptional. Soun ( he was working at the desk) always had a smile on his face and was eager to help with anything I needed. He provided me with a tuk tuk driver (Mr Nga) who took me everywhere for the 4 days that I was there. Mr. Nga was also very friendly and accomodating.I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and loved the coffee. One morning I even had a wonderful conversation with the owner, Mr Hak, who told me that he designed and built the hotel himself. The hotel and the grounds look exactly as they appear in the pictures....no surprises!!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Siem Reap. It was definitely an oasis and was definitely one of the best hotels that I stayed in during my SE Asia trip.

Room Tip: Loved the 2nd floor room. It had a nice balcony with ceiling fan and comfy chairs overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mclerranc
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I loved this little oasis in Siem Reap. I was worried about being too far away from Pub Street, but this distance was perfect. Once I actually saw Pub Street I realized that I'm a little too old for that. It reminded me of a small weak Bourbon Street (on a weekday). My room was closest to the street but there was very little street noise since the hotel is not on a busy street, but on a small street off of busy Wat Bo Rd. The a la carte breakfast was small but if you let them know that you're still hungry they will give you more food. The Cambodian coffee they serve was fabulous and I'm hoping to find some here in the States. Sal and Sun took very good care of us and arranged a tuk tuk driver (Mr. Nga) to pick us up from the airport, take us to the temples, and then to the bus station at the end of our time in Siem Reap. All of the rooms are great and the little pool is perfect for cooling off on a hot day. The hot tub was broken while I was there, but it was too hot most days for that anyway. It was very nice to be surrouned by plants, birds, and lizards. I especially loved their collection of sculptures and Frangipani (plumeria) throughout the property.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. I think I would have preferred a second floor room so I would have more privacy on my patio
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank calculush1
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Can't say enough about this beautiful family run villa hotel.
Booked for 2 nights and quickly added 6 more.
From the impeccably maintained grounds,huge deck, wonderful pool and fun and caring staff, everything was excellent.
Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.
Special thanks to my bud Soun, who basically did it all and always with a smile and laugh.

Best hotel we have stayed at in our 2 month visit to Asia.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Very relaxing place to stay staff were very attentive but not over the top. Atmosphere is great gardens, pool and spa well maintained, very tropical. Rooms have A/c and fan. We spent four nights here and really couldn’t fault this place. US2$ tuk tuk to Pub st

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends