“Great breakfast banquet”

Dara Reang Sey Hotel Siem Reap
Ranked #333 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 20 March 2016

The front of the hotel looked nice and their receiving area has dim lights making it look old. The hotel staff were not so approachable and a bit soft spoken, I could not understand them sometimes. Our room was complete with toiletries and also with electric kettle, mini ref, towels, and such. My only concern was there were mosquitoes inside our room and the aircon was not working well. I enjoyed our breakfast with lots of food to choose with. You can also have your noodle cooked in front of you. Their dining hall was overlooking the pool side.

Stayed: February 2016

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Just stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, room is cleaned, nice outdoor swimming pool, breakfast good for Asian people, noodle are good and delicious, a little far from town but can find transport easily just walk to front building with reasonable price $3.00, Angkor Wat is nearby spend about 15 minutes by tuk tuk.
Staffs are good and helpful. Recommend for people who looking for the place near to Angkor.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed 19 February 2016

What I love about the hotel is their very nice breakfast banquet with buffet (although I don't have that much to say about Cambodian food), their pretty Lily large clay pots decorating the outside of the hotel, the bathtub and balcony in the room and the swimming pools. Basic amenities are provided for like sopa for the bathtub, cake soap, shampoo and toohpaste. I love that the room has made available an electric pot and your choice of coffee or tea along with bottled water. The place is great for couples, friends and families although we traveled as just a couple that time. The lighting is something that in my opinion can improve though. I like bright, white lights when I need them. I appreciate the soft, dim lighting for relaxation but I'd like bright white lights when needed. The staff are great as well by the way, but if you don't speak Khmer, just explain what you need from them, they will clarify when needed and then definitely help you out. I noticed they are soft spoken and speak slower than most of us do and to me it does not hurt to match the pace of that who'c ountry you are visiting :)

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Ok, thats good play to stay. The room is big. I stayed 1 night here. This place had swimming poll but i have not used that. We can easy move to angcor from hotel. Massage service is available if you want. Breakfast buffet is good. I like this place

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 8 January 2016

we stayed here after our flight was cancelled and was provided by the airline. The hotel was old and dated but the rooms were a good size. the bed however were not comfortable and the blankets were actually towel blankets which was filled with stains; red, yellow and chocolate stains. We initially thought it was just one of the bed with stains, but no, all three bed blankets were stained too. Wifi didnt work properly and when we called reception several times there were no answers. There hotel is far from the city and there was only one restaurant(expensive) near the hotel. This place made our previous boutique hotel(owl inn) felt like a 5 star hotel which was less than half the price compared to this hotel. There are better hotels out there so skip this one.

Stayed: January 2016