“Value Hotel”

Dara Reang Sey Hotel Siem Reap
Ranked #333 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I stayed here with my friend as part of a package tour. It was the 3 star option and value for what we spent. The hotel is located on the edge of town, so to get to most places you will need to spend a small amount on a tuk tuk, but the hotel itself was comfortable and the staff were responsive to most of our requests (eg extra pillow). The hotel was clean and the room was also well sized. The bathroom was tired and a bit mouldy and the toilet didn't have a lid on the cistern, but the water was hot and plentiful.
With the hotel catering to tour groups, there were a couple of noisy nights where other travellers were slamming doors and chatting past midnight. There was also a problem with noise in the room from next door, as there was an adjoining room door, with a wide gap at the bottom, which allowed the sound to travel easily. I ended up plugging the gap with one of the gowns provided in the room.
Breakfast was provided with the room and this was plentiful and adequate, we also had a tasty lunch in the restaurant on the day we arrived. If you are after a western style menu, then this isn't the place to go.
The pool was big and clean.
Wi-Fi worked in the room, most of the time.

Room Tip: I'd see if I could get a smoke free room and one without a connecting door.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank ellipsis000

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Very pleasant stay, excellent experience starting from the check in date . Hotel is in very good location on the main road, close to major attractions and yet quiet enough to relax. Room is in good condition. Staffs are very friendly and attentive. Special thanks to Mr OEUN for warmest welcome to me , my driver Mr. Leng for their excellent hospitality, patience and warmth. Thank you all for the great experience! I will come back and meet you again!

Room Tip: go to room at the 3rd floor can see pool view
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2016

The front of the hotel looked nice and their receiving area has dim lights making it look old. The hotel staff were not so approachable and a bit soft spoken, I could not understand them sometimes. Our room was complete with toiletries and also with electric kettle, mini ref, towels, and such. My only concern was there were mosquitoes inside our room and the aircon was not working well. I enjoyed our breakfast with lots of food to choose with. You can also have your noodle cooked in front of you. Their dining hall was overlooking the pool side.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Just stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, room is cleaned, nice outdoor swimming pool, breakfast good for Asian people, noodle are good and delicious, a little far from town but can find transport easily just walk to front building with reasonable price $3.00, Angkor Wat is nearby spend about 15 minutes by tuk tuk.
Staffs are good and helpful. Recommend for people who looking for the place near to Angkor.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed 19 February 2016

What I love about the hotel is their very nice breakfast banquet with buffet (although I don't have that much to say about Cambodian food), their pretty Lily large clay pots decorating the outside of the hotel, the bathtub and balcony in the room and the swimming pools. Basic amenities are provided for like sopa for the bathtub, cake soap, shampoo and toohpaste. I love that the room has made available an electric pot and your choice of coffee or tea along with bottled water. The place is great for couples, friends and families although we traveled as just a couple that time. The lighting is something that in my opinion can improve though. I like bright, white lights when I need them. I appreciate the soft, dim lighting for relaxation but I'd like bright white lights when needed. The staff are great as well by the way, but if you don't speak Khmer, just explain what you need from them, they will clarify when needed and then definitely help you out. I noticed they are soft spoken and speak slower than most of us do and to me it does not hurt to match the pace of that who'c ountry you are visiting :)

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple