“Family restaurant and great value”

Khmer Family Restaurant
Ranked #164 of 945 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: http://www.travbuddy.com/Khmer-House-Restaurant-v192734
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Great meal with icy cold draft Angkor beer and cocktails. A very nice restaurant we have visited before but not with such a large group of us. It was great - good service and very friendly. Difficult to explain the gluten free necessity of one of our party, but she knew what dishes to avoid and all was well. Definitely recommend this - we sat inside to eat whihc does keep one away from Pub Street outside, but that can be a relief at times after a busy day touring Angkor Wat.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Great service and I really enjoyed the meals. There is a good variety and it is freshly made. Lunch for 2 for under $20.00

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

It's difficult past eleven o'clock to find a decent place to eat around the Pub Street area. So with that in mind we accepted that we might not get the fabulous culinary experience we had so far in Cambodia.
However, drawing the short straw was the Khmer family restaurant.
Up until now we had experienced the wonderful Cambodian hospitality wherever we had gone.
This was place was a start contrast. The waiters were surly in comparison, very much I could be somewhere else attitude.
I ordered the marinated pork with jasmine rice.
Upon arrival I was faced with a mountain of lukewarm rice with barely a hint of jasmine and pork so overcooked, that she Utah a longer amount of time I could have fashioned into a pair of sturdy walking boots.
It was simply a case of needs must but unfortunately I think I could have kept my hunger at bay until morning.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Both meals were over loaded with rice to hide the fact the emphasis was profit rather that customer service.

It was very late and there was a shortage of places serving food. Won't be rushing back however.

1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice on a recent trip. The food is very good and well presented at a reasonable price.
The staff are attentive and the decor is and ambience is spot on.
It does pasta and pizza for the less adventurous and the pizza my daughter had was delicious. I had Khmer dishes both times and they were excellent.
It's right on Pub street but is at the slightly quieter end. I would recommend.