“knowledgeable and compassionate”

Sun Same - Private Tour Guide, Day Tours
Ranked #114 of 882 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the luxury of private travel with Sun Same, you will have the opportunity to get to know the real pulse of this intriguing ' a real Siem Reap explore to immerse yourself in the diverse culture, to come away inspired by your experiences.
Reviewed 17 December 2017

It had always been my dream to visit Cambodia and it was made more memorable by the help of Sun Same. He is very flexible in his time, thorough knowledge of his country and its history. The tour was not in a rush and we appreciate every stories behind those beautiful monumental structures. Brought us to very good restaurant and help us in ordering food that represent Cambodia best. Me and my son had been sick on the trip and he help us procure medications for us.. we talked about some of his former experienced with medical emergencies with former client, and as a practicing nurse for 28 years (he did not know that) I know that his knowledge is very good in rendering necessary immediate care. His concern for his clients well being is commendable. His car a/c act up that the next day he rented a van with a driver so that our comfort comes first. For the short time that we were in Cambodia, Sun Same was not just our guide but our family away from home. I would gladly recommend him to my friends, with him you will have the best of Cambodian tour.

Vina from CT, USA visited with family from Philippines.

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 29 reviews
"angkor wat"
in 76 reviews
"via email"
in 16 reviews
"recommended by a friend"
"safe driver"
in 8 reviews
"private tour"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I always travel to Siem Reap, Cambodia and stay this hotel. Very Convenient and good location and room. Food nearby. walking distance to Pub Street and Convenient Shop.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We had the absolute best experience in Siem Reap and it was because Sun was our brilliant guide. He was highly recommended to me - by my brother who had used Sun a few years ago - and he did not disappoint. His knowledge was so interesting and wide and we have certainly come away from our holiday with an absolute wealth of information about so many things. He confidently knew the answer to anything we asked him and nothing was too much trouble - even happily speaking on the phone to our tuktuk driver late one night when we got lost trying to give directions. We were able to organise our tour around exactly what we wanted to see and how long we wanted to spend at each place. He was also able to guide us exactly around tipping, taking photos, showing respect etc. Our whole experience would have been hopeless if we hadn't used Sun as our guide. Sun was a very safe driver and his english was amazing. Cambodian people are so lovely, patient, tolerant, respectful and polite - and Sun certainly showed all these qualities. We would have no hesitation recommending him and also using him next time we visit Siem Reap.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Sun is an absolutely fantastic guy. My wife stayed at The Villa Secret Garden for a month whilst doing a Yoga Therapy course (she loved it and I recommend Sun's airbnb too) so I sent her some letters in the mail. As you need to go and pick up letters yourself in Siam Reap, Sun took all my details and would drive all the way to the post office to check to see if they had been delivered. He did this numerous times, all out of the goodness of his heart. Thank you so much Sun. I can't wait to come with my wife next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Second time in SR and we decided to get a guide. Sun was simply the best! His knowledge was not just of the temples but also the country and the region. It made the temples come to life and when it's hot out, that can be a hard thing to do. What made him even more valuable was his ability to read out interest in a particular topic and kept us moving at a good pace. Also, he knew how to avoid the crowds whenever possible. He's perfect for solo, friends or families. He operates a safe vehicle and speak English very well.