“Superb ”
Review of Kia Kaha Villa

Kia Kaha Villa
Ranked #99 of 513 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Kia Kaha Villa is all you need. Clean, strong hot shower, comfortable bed, and nice staff.
The airport transfer by tuk tuk was waived because we also booked a tour of Ankhor Wat (15 USD / 2 pax / day). Walking distance from Pub Street, some good restaurants like Haven & Georges Rhumerie. Highly recommend Georges Rhumerie by the way... amazing good food & drinks. What else do you need?

Stayed: January 2017

Reviewed 9 December 2016

The hotel is lovely and it has location, location, location. My wife and I stayed seven nights in November 2016. We had the delux room with tub on the balcony. We loved this place. From the outset Andrew and his staff made us feel like we were at home. They provided lots of good information about where to go and what to do. We wanted bikes to ride down to the Chong Kneas ferry and they got them delivered to the hotel for us. After the ride we wanted massages, and that was quickly arranged in our room. The breakfast was great; not a huge choice but all we needed, eggs, toast, fruit and proper coffee. The highlight was the icy cold face and hand towels with eucalyptus that greeted us after each hot day of cycling and sightseeing.
The location of this hotel cannot be beaten. It is on a side street five minutes from the night market where you can cross the river on a footbridge that puts you right in the downtown restaurant and pub area. There are other excellent restaurants even closer. It is also an easy tuk tuk ride to the Angkor Wat complex (BTW if you want a really knowledgeable tuk tuk driver who speaks good English and drives safely ask Andrew for Ti Ti).
In a nutshell we had a wonderful time in Siem Reap in general and at Kia Kaha in particular.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room and it was great
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016

5 minutes walk from the market/pub street
Great staff, friendly owner Room is crazy beautiful!!
Private balcony with a bath tub!!
Super comfortable bed. Peaceful and quiet.
Room and other areas of the hotel compound are clean

Room Tip: Pick the king suite!! 😊😊
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I gave 3 stars for a couple reasons, but this hotel is on the verge of being rated much higher. Talking with the owner, I believe there are many changes in the works that are going bring this hotel to another level. The reason I gave an average rating is upon check in, I was shown to a room with a broken AC. Not a big deal because I was moved into another room, but after having a long travel day, I had to wait while they figured out they couldn't fix it. Something I felt should have been done in preparation of my arrival. The menu is being revamped, and the breakfast was very basic. No meat selection for the complimentary breakfast, just eggs and toast or omelet and toast with fruit. I will be curious to see how it changes in the future. Don't expect toothbrush kits/lotion etc in the bathroom, there was none of that, bring what you want/need. Those are the reasons why I gave 3 stars. Average, not exceptional. The rooms however are great, I recommend the king suite, it has a large soapstone tub outside on a private deck. Nice beds and cool ac/fans in the room. Comfortable and quiet with a great price, and clean. All the staff was friendly and willing to help. They helped us with a tuk tuk tour, and the owner checked on me to make sure it worked out the way it was supposed to. I would stay here again, and I believe that the next time I will be writing a 4 or 5 star review.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I selected this hotel based on it's price and appealing profile picture, and it proved to be much more than that.
The location is very good, walking distance from the market. Many eatery places near by. The hotel restaurant itself serves good breakfast and fresh dishes.
The room I stayed in was spacious with a bathtub in the balcony.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful in helping getting tickets for entertainments, tours and flights.

Room Tip: Vegetarian meals can be prepared upon request.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo