“Great cause and great food”
Review of Sister Srey Cafe

Sister Srey Cafe
Ranked #6 of 43 Coffee & Tea in Siem Reap
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Australian, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sister Srey Cafe is a Social Enterprise, in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Run and operated by Sisters Lauren And Cassie. The Girls, opened the business to have "Good Coffee" and also help and support Khmer students and to make a sustainable impact into the community. Our vision at Sister Srey Cafe is to support young Khmer students who struggle to keep a balance between study and supporting their family. Each staff member in trained in hospitality, English language skills, personal development, health and hygiene and banking. We are a stepping stone to a brighter future and a means for them to have skills and knowledge to approach the world empowered and confident. Sister Srey has various incentives and activities in which support the local and rural community. The cafe goes to sustainable measures to help the environment and to be as enviromentally friendly as possible. We are commited to being plastic free, having bio degradable food packaging, organic coffee and miniamising waste. Monthly, our staff participate in our community service program "Helping out a friend" Where each staff member chooses a NGO or project of choice and do something for people less fortunate than themselves. To date we have had, staff building wells and toilets for families, participating in a soup kitchen to feed street children and health workshops. Sister Srey also composts all waste and goes to directly to NGO Green Gecko Farm and has a sustainable recycling program and waste management system. Since opening, the Cafe works along side Hearts to Harmony Foundation. This means 20 percent of profits from the Cafe as well as donations go towards Hearts to Harmony to supports individuals through education, health and hygiene, and supports rural families. Sister Srey is a social enterprise. A cafe with a heart, a cafe with the desire to see change and with the ability to do so.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in to feel ethical and good about ourselves for supporting a good cause.
Delighted to experience a lovely cafe atmosphere and great food.
The frozen fruit shakes were great. Had the watermelon and lime and my man had the mango.
The food was great. Mango and coriander chicken burger was yum.
Chicken parmasen roll was ok.
No beer sold here
Felt like I was in Melbourne.
The shop upstairs was pretty average and you had to walk up a narrow awkward spiral staircase.
The staff were funny and attentive

LGCambodia, Manager at Sister Srey Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Cassandra,

Thank you for finding us and for your support.
As you mentioned, we are a social enterprise and support all our staff through university and language classes as well as a percentage of profits supporting Hearts To Harmony Foundation.
Thank you for taking the time to write us this review, we hope to see you in the cafe again soon.

Best Wishes,

The Sister Srey Team

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast and weren't disappointed. Service was great and food and juices were delicious. Highly recommend.

1  Thank TrippinMonkey

Dear TrippinMonkey,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our little cafe. We all put our heart and soul into Sister Srey and its so great when you see that.

We hope to see you for breakfast again soon!

Best Wishes,

The Srey Team

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I walk often along the river and seeing Sisyer Srey always fairly busy we decided to stop in. The sign outside stating that they mostly use fresh ingredients and as much as possible organic really inspired confidence.
Unfortunately theyr "Big Daddy" breakfast was not only a desapointement but made theyr sign right down a lie.
The measly 30-40g of salmon had dried edges and smelled more like fridge then salmon, the yokes on sunny-side-up eggs were totally flat (a sign the eggs are not fresh) and both the mashrooms and beens were fresh out of a can with beens so sweet sugar would have had to be listed as the first ingredient...something some people might like...but I had specifically asked for no sugar. The coffee I ordered never came. The crappy plate had a nearly 7$ price tag, absolutely ridicolous compared to other restaurants in the area. One of the worst food experiences I had...ever!
Two thumbs down all the way.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
cassie g, Manager at Sister Srey Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, Tripadvisor member,
I am confused by this review. I am disappointed that I can't seem to find your member profile.
I have to say I am surprised by your review. We stand by the fact our food is fresh and wholesome, everything is delivered at 6 am every morning fresh and ready for the day. So to accuse us of lying just is not the case. The freshness of ingredients has never been an issue to any other reviewer. Our ingredients are most definitely fresh.
In saying that, we have shown your review to both the kitchen and the service staff. They sincerely apologize for your experience, as do my sister and I.
We hope one day we will have the chance to turn those thumbs upside down, but for now, all we can do is apologize that your experience wasn't as we would hope and try our best not to repeat it in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Food wise, nothing to shout about. Don't like the potato hash, looked pretty greasy. Fruit pancakes umm... so-so but for the cause, I will patronize them. Food really wasn't great. Service is not bad because these kids are making something out their lives. It puts them to school. Had the liberty to see one graduate the local Uni major in Finance. They were very proud of him.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We were in Siem Reap recently (6th September 2017) and visited this friendly and welcoming restaurant for brunch.. we felt like some western food, their menu is extensive and amazing.. we had the corn fritters with feta and real tomato relish, was delish!! Also had iced coffee and fresh juice..

Service was superb, staff are attentive and ambience is so welcoming.. Definitely recommend you drop in and experience what we did..

Well done girls, u do us proud

Unfortunately I did not know at the time the girls do so much for this community, had I of known then, I would have gladly given!! So if after reading my review, you too go there, please give what you can, every bit u can give counts

1  Thank Vicki P