All reviews tuk tuk koh ker other guests home away from home place to stay baguette angkor wat great ac pub street guest house cleaned daily after a long day swimming pool rooms are large enjoy your stay quiet area arrange tours
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Okay, some pros but lots of cons to this place.

If you're here exploring for a few days at a slower pace, it's a nice area to be located. Quiet and away from town. 30 minutes walking or a 1$ tuk tuk. This brings me to the first con. They charge $2 for this ride. Every other tuk tuk rider in town asks for $1, so don't use their staff and walk a little down the road and grab one there. There is no difference in quality of tuk tuks, don't listen to the manager here.

They offered free airport pickup (would be around $5 by tuk tuk). However, no one was there to pick me up. Lucky I got a local sim so I could call them. Waited at the airport over an hour which meant all food places were closed and I had to eat pot noodles. Not a great first night...

Room is spacious but super basic. No lamp or desk.

Their tuk tuk guy is nice and friendly when he took me for a tour of the temples. However, he always tells me information after I visit each temple, so I often missed things when I explored. They charge way too much money for this too. The classic 'grand tour' that everyone offers is $15. However, if you go with their guys they do not include Bantrey Srei and ask for an extra $20 or so. If you get someone in town this is included in the $15 tour. I brought this up with the manager who has a helpful persona, but actually is a little clueless. She simple said 'I don't believe you'. This was a shame as now I had no time to visit the temple and it should have been included in this tour if I had gone with anyone else. Long story short, avoid their tuk tuks.

Finally, I took a bus from here early in the morning due at 7.45am. Manager tells me 'they don't leave until 8.30 so don't worry, I will arrange your lift later.' It's a good job I ignored her and arranged an earlier lift as my bus left on time at 7.45. So either Clueless, or, trying to pull the classic scam of 'miss the bus, pay for a motorbike to catch up' which is very common in Cambodia.

Pool is dirty.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Maxs_Trip_Tips
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We stayed at V&A for a long weekend during Khmer New Year by a mistake. The original place we booked on Airbnb suddenly became unavailable so the host recommended this place. We went for it and never regretted as it was one of the best places I have stayed in SEA so far!! Good location, delicious food, quality rooms and most importantly; awesome staff!! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Balazs F
Andy D, Owner at V&A Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for absolutely amazing sharing tip on trip advisor. and sharing your beautiful photos of V&A Villa. It is really useful.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Airport Shuttle - Our stay didn't starton the best of notes, as I had tried messaging the hotel 4x through various ways to confirm a shuttle, but when we got to the airport we waited two hours without anyone showing up. As we didn't have any way to contact them, we ended up having to pay for an expensive drive to get to the hotel, where we were greated by staff who stated they thought we had called them and said we'd be landing hours later (unsure what that was about, as we hadn't had access to phones since well before we even booked this, but assuming whoever had actually called must also not have gotten picked up...). They weren't apologetic at all for our wasted time or money, nor did they offer anything any compensation, which was a shame as we heard from other travellers staying at hotel accommodations for the same price (and some less) that they had received this service.

Food - They do serve overpriced food at the hotel, which is convenient if you don't want to go in town or need food quickly (food in town is cheaper and tastier though, so worth venturing out if you can).

Also, make sure to re-confirm with staff if you're not sure whether your stay included breakfast. We were told when we checked in that BK was included, and then in the morning after having ate a few pieces of fruit were advised that it wasn't included and were charged 3$USD (brought this to their attention but again they didn't seem to care).

Room - Room was spacious, basic and clean. There was a bottle to spray for ants in the room but we didn't have to use it during our stay (this is common in Asia though so no concerns there!). The beds were very comfortable, sheets clean; hot water, TV and A/C worked great.

Location - It's a bit of a walk to get into town, however you can get a tuk tuk to/from Pub Street easily for 2USD each way. We walked it most times, and we felt safe walking back at night. There are a few restaurants and stores closer to the hotel, however we didn't go to any of them.

Staff - Staff were friendly, helpful and eager to help you plan any necessary travel (such as booking tuk tuks to get to Angkor Wat or explore the city) as they have tuk tuk drivers on staff.

Also worth mentioning, there are a few dogs on the property (owned by the hotel) so just good to know as it wouldn't be a good place to stay if you don't like dogs!

It's a good hotel, however for what it ended up costing we would've been better staying closer to town. But nothing bad about it as long as you're okay with a few extra costs! :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2018

large rooms,helpful staff, sociable restaurant, convenient swimming pool, this guest house provides good value for money even when one factors in the $2 tuk tuk into the city ( approx 30 mins walking . About 300 metres away are a choice of 3/4 coffee shops/ bakery plus small supermarket

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Ride my 20" folding bicycle from Phnon Phen to Siem Reap, the best thing to have is a warm shower and comfortable bed and affortable price for the night. Came across V&A luxury Villa guesthouse with all the condition met. They have the cleanest room with no insects crawling on the white bed sheet. Swimming pool with crystal clear water. (Came across one with green water). They serve all 3 meals in the own Villa with their friendly staff. Voleak and Andy English speaking hosts with smiling face all day long can direct anywhere you want to visit in SR, Pheap their in house Tuk Tuk driver also very friendly wear a smile, very careful and patience, you feel safe with him. It our pleasure to meet Andy's mother too. We have actually cancel and paid a penalty for the green water pool stay and shift over at V&A for 5 days. V&A good luck keep up your standard and price.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple